Time to change brake pads?

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard some mixed reviews on the standard MX72, but I have read from various other forums (BMW & Porsche) the the MX72 plus is better and is more tolerant to temperature. I still want a pad that is not overly aggressive for street use. We'll see how it does!

They worked pretty well for me as a dual purpose pad. I will say on a good stock size 200TW or better (I had RE71RS) they are at their reasonable limit but it really depends on the track. CMP is my home track and is notoriously hard on brakes. I ran through 2 sets of them and my original OEM rotors were a bit grooved up at the end due to the pads getting smeary. VIR, despite the high speed nature was much much easier on the pads for me and they worked well there. They are a bit dead when cold and they don't have a ton of bite much makes them easy to modulate. Dust is very reasonable and they were silent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yalemaier

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Quick update on this thread! The MX72+ pads have been great so far, however because they get hotter than stock they quickly warped my original rotors. New Gyrodisc rotors are installed and ready for a new track season!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Quick update on this thread! The MX72+ pads have been great so far, however because they get hotter than stock they quickly warped my original rotors. New Gyrodisc rotors are installed and ready for a new track season!
I highly doubt you warped your rotors. My bet is bad pad material transfer due to a bad bed in. Only shakes when the brakes are up to temp?

OP
OP
Yalemaier

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I highly doubt you warped your rotors. My bet is bad pad material transfer due to a bad bed in. Only shakes when the brakes are up to temp?
Material transfer was definitely part of it, but they were most certainly warped. New rotors feel fantastic!