Do I pull the trigger ?

• Total voters
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
Hey Supra fam after about a year of owning a Tacoma and building it to off road the supra itch has been biting me lately and I've been contemplating selling the Taco and buying either a used 2021+ supra or a new one ( 3.0 engine). I was just wondering if any of you have any pros and cons to owning it and how your experience has been, ill drop a couple pics of the truck if any of you enjoy Tacoma builds!

IMG_5816.jpeg
Sponsored

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 4Runner, gt350 (sold)
Keep it and get the supra. I like the idea of having two completely different vehicles for different functions.

My daily is a 16 4runner and am Waiting for my a-91 to get her as my "fuel saver." Thinking about selling my 4runner to get a more economical daily.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I had both, except an employee totaled my Taco at 200 miles on it, but the supra is more fun incase you weren't sure 😂 but values on tacos are high rn and supra's are dropping, if are done with offroad then ya go for it, it is a super fun and buildable platform.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I also had both, but if I could only have one I wouldn't hesitate to strap stuff to the roof of a car. 🤣

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
I figured to just time it when the market goes down a little bit I assume after the release of the 2023's coming out more people will trade in for the MT and I will be able to get a decent deal on one

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm lucky enough to own both. I like doing truck stuff just as much as I like doing Supra stuff. Sounds like the Supra would be your daily?

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
I'm lucky enough to own both. I like doing truck stuff just as much as I like doing Supra stuff. Sounds like the Supra would be your daily?
Yeah the supra would be my daily I love the Tacoma but I hit the point where I was done with the current build and wanted to build something different lmao

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I'm not sure why you're asking a bunch of randos on the internet, lol

I don't like trucks. I don't like looking at them, I don't like riding in them, I hate driving them, they waste a ton of gas and don't fit anywhere. So yes, definitely burn it to the ground and replace it with something that's fun to drive. Or do whatever you feel is best

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I have both and wouldn’t trade my Tacoma. The Taco is a workhorse and gets daily use, we always need a truck.

The Supra is a garage queen sitting pretty on race ramps waiting for sunny days only.

-RJM

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah the supra would be my daily I love the Tacoma but I hit the point where I was done with the current build and wanted to build something different lmao
I feel ya on that. I used to quickly move onto other cars when I was done with a build. It would be tough for me to daily a Supra, but I'm not in sunny San Diego. 😆 I say go for it! They're great cars. Trying to time the market and putting it off is how you don't end up with a Supra.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm a fan of multiple cars. I kept my daily, Supra, fancy car, tow/doggie vehicle, race car, motorcycle, and a car I keep for my mom.
I won't be happy until I own the world.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
I feel ya on that. I used to quickly move onto other cars when I was done with a build. It would be tough for me to daily a Supra, but I'm not in sunny San Diego. 😆 I say go for it! They're great cars. Trying to time the market and putting it off is how you don't end up with a Supra.
Honestly you're right if I wait too long ill never end up committing to it !

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly you're right if I wait too long ill never end up committing to it !
I hem and haw about shit all the time. The wife has to remind me of this. My folks reminded me about this when it came to kids. If you wait for the perfect time, it's never going to happen.
Sponsored