Banned
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR 3.0
  • Banned
Something to consider, and I do not see it talked about here, is the corner balance.
Anytime there are 4 independent spring setups, each wheel needs to be weighed and the spring pressure adjusted.
Or, the car becomes "jacked", that is too much weight carried on one wheel .
Diagonally becomes most important.
I read about lowering the cars with different springs. No two springs are exactly alike, this needs to be accounted for.
Well at least in every other car I have owned .
Corner scales will set you back about a grand or more, depending on how elaborate you want to go.
Or it can be hired out .
This is all something to be considered when one thinks about changing out springs .
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
spring only - It really doesn't matter because only limited option is available. Only alignment is necessary for spring swap.

However, if you are switching to height adjustable spring or coil over then you must do corner balancing with you or equivalent weight in the the car. Also, if you know height optimal for driving you will do, that's great but most of the time, optimal height is depend on condition, such as weather, track or street you are on or driving style. And with every height change, you must perform corner balancing & alignment. Further more, optimal setting for one condition might be worst setting for other condition. If you are looking for a "good in general setting", probably stock setting will give "good in general" condition. then.. why do you even bother? This is one of the reason I don't use coil-over any more. - used to have it on other car.

Chong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 MT
For the vast majority of people, I find that corner balancing is very rarely worth the time or effort. You will see very minimal benefits from this on the street.
May be worth visiting if you are seriously tracking your car.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
No fat chicks, car will go out of corner balance. :crazy:

OP
OP

Afterburn 549

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR 3.0
  • Banned
For the vast majority of people, I find that corner balancing is very rarely worth the time or effort. You will see very minimal benefits from this on the street.
May be worth visiting if you are seriously tracking your car.
Unless one has corner-balanced their car you will never know.
Never know how good or bad it is.
For sure I have spent a lot of time on the scales and know what the difference is and it can mean a lot.
I will bet they're corner-scaled off the factory factory line?
Next point-In my short time on here, I have noticed several threads complaining of weird steering features after spring changes.
Spring rates and ride height change is a double problem in the geometry of suspension.
Most of the people on here change springs to lower car height.
Unless you have double wishbone, this just changed a lot of things .
I bring up the courner balance topic because I do not see it addressed here as in most sports cr arenas.
Perhaps because this is a lot of people's first sports car?
IDK.