Crash Supras on Public Roads

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I mean that will probably buff right out right…

unfortunately that was just pure dumbass. He was absolutely hauling ass, classic case of driving outside his skill set resulting in a rapid unscheduled vehicle disassembly with mass part relocation.
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Lmao, my wife reminds me this every time it comes up. She is a Jersey girl and I try to poke fun any chance I get.
Lmao when I travel in places around the country and say I am from Jersey people always ask me about the Jersey Shore show. I keep telling them they are not from Jersey and neither was that Supra in the crash 🙃

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I understand most members in here does not feel sympathetic for the driver. And I feel same way. However, I also wanted to see the other side of coin. What if his plan was not passing cars on shoulder but trying to avoid head on collision?

I had a student who had a really nice setup, 800 hp, adjustable suspension, wheels, wings, carbon here, carbon there, nice looking brake system /w caliper and ETC.. On very first full out lap after warm up, I told him to brake about twice of distance I'd normally brake. I can feel that he is on hard brake but car was not stopping. ABS wasn't even kicking in. This usually happen because friction on tire to road is greater than brake pad to rotor. We were very close to crashing but thankfully, we avoided cars in front of us as well as the wall. after that, I asked him to brake 3~4 times of normal distance. after the session, I inspected the brake. There it was... In Big Letters, "R1 Concept". This is the brand I will avoid at any cost due to inferior performance especially brake pads. I don't care how low dust it makes. And it questions, are any other part of this brand good enough for any car? Please don't skimp out on brake. Even if you can stop only 1 foot faster, you might avoid an accident.

I'm not saying driver of this supra used inferior brake but a possibility. perhaps combined with distraction such as using phone like navigation or other app. Couldn't brake hard enough to slow down and made decision to get on shoulder to avoid head on collision with silver SUV but made it even worse.

Again, not sympathetic due to his poor decisions.
That must have been a scary and sketchy situation.
Sponsored