CTS Turbo Kit

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
That's a good point. If it was determined that it was someone else's fault, he probably would've been shouting it from the mountaintops. But the silence is deafening in this situation.
I always thought the most likely scenario was that he was hooning or driving recklessly and lost control. It's definitely the simplest, least complicated explanation.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I always thought the most likely scenario was that he was hooning or driving recklessly and lost control. It's definitely the simplest, least complicated explanation.
Good old Occam's Razor

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I don’t think you’ll have a good case against Toyota considering you’ve tampered with the vehicles ECU.
Correct, but question wasn't only directed toward tuned cars.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Definitely could have just been under steer from the abs on hard braking. Some less experienced drivers think that’s the cars fault when they experience it before a crash
Yes, though in this case, he said that the steering wheel physically would not turn - that wouldn't indicate an understeer situation.

I've done a ton of digging over the past few days, and I've found 3 cases of this happening on the Supra (including this one), and a bunch of similar complaints from BMW drivers - usually where it happened once, they were somehow able to safely stop the car and restart it, and it never happened again. Again, these aren't cases of 'I turned the wheel, but the car wouldn't turn', but rather 'the steering wheel completely locked while I was driving down the road'. They ranged from M3s, to new 5-series cars, etc. I've also read more than one person's account stating that they have had this experience with more than one BMW model. I find that a bit hard to swallow with how rare this seems to be - but most of them get the same 'could not reproduce' from the dealer, so I guess the NHTSA hasn't been involved yet.

Here's one on a darn near brand new 2011 M3:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432388

Of course, all of the stories could just be FUD. Either way, that's some scary ?, and there is zero chance of me keeping that car if that happened to me. Some of these people are just insane.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I've done a ton of digging over the past few days, and I've found 3 cases of this happening on the Supra
I do still believe it’s under steer from bad drivers but since you did the research than can you please share with us if they were all modified? We’re there any cases of a stock car doing this?

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I do still believe it’s under steer from bad drivers but since you did the research than can you please share with us if they were all modified? We’re there any cases of a stock car doing this?
Not all modified. The link I posted was a completely stock, virtually brand new M3.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
NOOO! I was antipateing the release of this turbo. Now I might have to go a different route ?
Keep an eye on remnant performance's turbo. It's looking really really impressive. I'm considering swapping out the Pure800 for it in the spring when things warm up a little bit.

travsam89

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1998 Trans Am WS6
Keep an eye on remnant performance's turbo. It's looking really really impressive. I'm considering swapping out the Pure800 for it in the spring when things warm up a little bit.
This is what im waiting for, the 2 ports are about to be released. They said the 6 port should be out around June

Reactions: zrk

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
Same kit I am looking at as well! The no core is huge for me as I would like to keep the stock turbo for worse case scenario.

not to mention the remnant performance kit has T51R mod available... although can be ricey, that turbo spool will be insane!
Sponsored