Current tuning options available to the public

Of the ones you could purchase TODAY, Which would you pick?

• Total voters

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
In your professional opinion, what is the best ecu upgrade on the market now for the A90?
I was told this week by a local shop that the stock ecu parameters have lean protection and hot boost cut already inside the stock ecu parameters? I am looking for something super reliable and full tuneable something like Hondata K-pro for the k series.
You should be using MHD or Ecutek for flashing IMO. MHD and Ecutek are the leaders when it comes to CUSTOM features for flash tuning BMW platforms. Both MHD and Ecutek have flex fuel integration and map switching in development. There is tons of other stuff as well. Bootmod3 is an Option, but they lack a lot of features and custom stuff. Good OTS maps and good for basic custom mapping, but i havent seen them do anything custom (rewriting code to add features that are there natively). But i still sway towards MHD and Ecutek due to their sheer potential and history of Custom add-ons

As far as safeties and protections. The factory ECU has hundreds of Safeties and etc. These ecus are like standalones if you know how to use them.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You should be using MHD or Ecutek for flashing IMO. MHD and Ecutek are the leaders when it comes to CUSTOM features for flash tuning BMW platforms. Both MHD and Ecutek have flex fuel integration and map switching in development. There is tons of other stuff as well. Bootmod3 is an Option, but they lack a lot of features and custom stuff. Good OTS maps and good for basic custom mapping, but i havent seen them do anything custom (rewriting code to add features that are there natively). But i still sway towards MHD and Ecutek due to their sheer potential and history of Custom add-ons

As far as safeties and protections. The factory ECU has hundreds of Safeties and etc. These ecus are like standalones if you know how to use them.
Wow, very good information. Thanks alot! Good to know the factory ecu has alot of safety perimeters!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Another question, will Ecutek have boost by gear? I would like to run lower boost in lower gears to maintain traction and higher boost in higher gears. I did that with my Honda.. Does it have a knock count in the datalog? So it lets you know what parts of the map to back off on ignition? Not sure if this applicable to the A90.

Another question. What is the stock injector rating on this car? 600cc? And whats the flow of the stock fuel pump? Does the Ecutek data-logging include injector duty %?
I am assuming this car has a stock wide band that monitors the a/f?

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Another question, will Ecutek have boost by gear? I would like to run lower boost in lower gears to maintain traction and higher boost in higher gears. I did that with my Honda.. Does it have a knock count in the datalog? So it lets you know what parts of the map to back off on ignition? Not sure if this applicable to the A90.

Another question. What is the stock injector rating on this car? 600cc? And whats the flow of the stock fuel pump? Does the Ecutek data-logging include injector duty %?
I am assuming this car has a stock wide band that monitors the a/f?

factory ECU has boot by gear natively, just have to know how to turn it on. ;)

these ecu have a very robust knock control system which has timing count, corrections, dynamic adjustment for knock and etc. widebands are stock.

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV Premium & 2014 Scion FRS
Sorry for asking a noob question still learning the language, but what is MHD? Also, if using bootmod3 or any other flash tuning does that void warranty all the way or do i just flash it back to stock before taking it in for service? I get different answers from people about this.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The "tuning options available" poll needs to be updated...

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Sorry for asking a noob question still learning the language, but what is MHD? Also, if using bootmod3 or any other flash tuning does that void warranty all the way or do i just flash it back to stock before taking it in for service? I get different answers from people about this.

a flash tune in itself technically cant void the warranty. However, when it comes to warranty, if the Flash tune is deemed that it was the cause any failure that you are trying to claim, then that voids it. IE- if a caliper locks up or a taillight fails or something like that. They cant really blame the tune. But if something with the engine happens, then most likely the tune will be blamed. You can flash back to stock prior to dealer visits. But they can still tell if it was flashed if they want to look. And piggybacks aren't exempt from that.

However if you are worried about warranty, just leave the car stock.

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a flash tune in itself technically cant void the warranty. However, when it comes to warranty, if the Flash tune is deemed that it was the cause any failure that you are trying to claim, then that voids it. IE- if a caliper locks up or a taillight fails or something like that. They cant really blame the tune. But if something with the engine happens, then most likely the tune will be blamed. You can flash back to stock prior to dealer visits. But they can still tell if it was flashed if they want to look. And piggybacks aren't exempt from that.

However if you are worried about warranty, just leave the car stock.
Thank you so much for that. Ive been up in the air about that and I will definitely stay stock for now until warranty is gone. Also, will adding a downpipe cause the warranty to be void without a ecu flash tune? Again, sorry for asking so many question new to the warranty and stuff on cars.

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in this spot as well......I want MHD when available but due to the warranty side I'm going to start with the Titan piggyback, along with a downpipe. Everything is ordered just waiting on delivery.

Once we get a little reliability data and I feel better I'll move to a full ECU tune.
hey are you still running the titan piggyback. looking to tune my car but don't want to void warranty yet.

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
hey are you still running the titan piggyback. looking to tune my car but don't want to void warranty yet.
I ran the titan for about a week and went with MHD and havenā€™t looked back.

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
Do you mind telling me why you made that decision? Just curious
The short answer is really got tired of look at the CEL running a catless downpipe. I tried everything and have up. I will say that I like the feel of the car better with MHD than o did with the Titan.

I didn't dislike it by any means, just think a ecu flash is the better option.

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The short answer is really got tired of look at the CEL running a catless downpipe. I tried everything and have up. I will say that I like the feel of the car better with MHD than o did with the Titan.

I didn't dislike it by any means, just think a ecu flash is the better option.
Okay, thanks you i like to get everybody opinion on those things before i make a decision. I think i will do ecu flash as well once warranty is up and all.

Rapheal

First Name
Rapheal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Why MHD is not on the Poll?
Sponsored