New to the forum and the Supra. Near me dyno tuning??

MKVclay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
Hey guys,, I'm new to this forum. I recently (last week) purchased a 2021 MKV 3.0. Absolutely love it. Last night I ordered a AMS intake, charge pipe, and aWe catback exhaust. I'd really like to do a catted downpipe and then get a good dyno tune(e). I like what's Bros Fourr Speed did to his car with the different maps. Does anyone havea good rec for dyno tuning near Memphis TN?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

MKVclay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
Hopefully he bought one from the “Last of the Tunable Mohicans” list I compiled. If not then Vaya con Dios. ?

-RJM
First of all, I'm scared to death right now! I read about the ECU lockout a while back but assumed that was all over now. So I looked up VIN. Mine has an ORDER date of 4/2020. Maybe I'm before that June lockout??

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
First of all, I'm scared to death right now! I read about the ECU lockout a while back but assumed that was all over now. So I looked up VIN. Mine has an ORDER date of 4/2020. Maybe I'm before that June lockout??
Look for the build date in the driver’s door jam. ECUs built before 6/20 are good, so if your car was built before then you’re fine. If your car was built in June-July then it’s iffy, you’ll need to look at the ECU itself. If your car was built after July the chances are very high it has a locked ECU.

It’s not a huge deal, you can still use a piggyback like a JB4 until people figure out how to bypass the lock.

OP
OP

MKVclay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
I think I lucked out guys. My ECU has a 3/10/20 date. Hallelujah! Haha. Now back to og question: does anyone know where I can dyno tune near Memphis, TN? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I read about the ECU lockout a while back but assumed that was all over now. So I looked up VIN. Mine has an ORDER date of 4/2020. Maybe I'm before that June lockout??
~ is your car a 2020 or 2021?