New to Supra - seeking tuning opions

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
According to Visconti with Ecutek they can hijack your infotainment center for your ethanol gauge, but I don't know what is all entailed with that.
You don’t need to do anything special if that’s what you’re asking. I have a stage 2 flex fuel Ecutek tune from Visconti, hijacking the sport display was just a standard part of the flash. The left gauge that was HP is now boost, the right gauge that was torque is now ethanol content. It works great and is really convenient, the HP and torque gauges were useless anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There are a few running stock turbo + e50 + nitrous and I think 9.4x is the record for that combo. If you follow the a9x drag group on Facebook there are quite a few guys that run it.

here's one just to give you an idea. I've spoke with him at the track and does alot of grudge racing where he's from.

That thing is spicy...

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Ecutek hands down would be my choice. The fastest a90 use ecutek and if you want full flex fuel or decide to add port injection and the reflex controller Ecutek is gonna be the only way to go. Visconti flex fuel kit integrates with Ecutek, not sure about the zeitronix flex kit, it might only read the ethanol content and not adjust the tune.

As far as tuners, The big names Botti, Marin, Payne, Goosetuned, Twisted, and Visconti are all good tuners but I went with Mikey Botti and have been very happy with his tunes.
Isn’t your transmission slipping? Botti needs to fix that for you

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
Twisted tuning is a sponsor on this forum. He has a doc racing kit on his supra with posted dyno sheets. He also has been designing things for the supra like driveshafts and mounts.

I have experience with 2 flex fuel kits. Visconti and Twisted tuning stealth kit.

Both come with the same sensor and zeitronix box. Both have options for ethanol gauge.

Imo Visconti flex kit is far superior because of the wiring harness and custom fuel line that comes with the kit.

Twisted has some very nice fuel connectors that come with his kit and instructions are easy to follow. With his fuel connectors you don't need a custom fuel hose you can use the stock one. My biggest thing I didn't like about his was the way he wants it wired up. He has you use wire taps which I find unreliable for may reasons.

According to Visconti with Ecutek they can hijack your infotainment center for your ethanol gauge, but I don't know what is all entailed with that.
I have my sport display (the torque number) reading my ethanol count. It is extremely helpful when blending fuels ex: e40 or e50 blend. Visconti is the way to go.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So you guys would take an known online tuner vs a reputable local tuner? Is that concensus?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
So you guys would take an known online tuner vs a reputable local tuner? Is that concensus?
If your reputable tuner has experience on BMW or has tuned a few of these sure, why not use the local guy... But even the OTS maps that the custom tuners offer are very dialed in. I had an OTS map, a custom dyno tune, and street revision maps and they all performed very good.

I wouldnt hesitate to do an email tune with one of the well known tuners.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well ive gone against all the solicited advice and have gone with the local guy. Lol.. ?

I stopped by his shop to see all his projects and hes has a ton of supras there. Really like the guy. Plus hes gonna give me 3 tunes on the mustang dyno. We shall see.

Suppose i can always buy another tune from the other guys if i dont like it.

Appreciate all the reaponses.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
while Im flattered... His car is a lot quicker than mine, especially now he's upgraded turbo.

The dead giveaway, his car is on Te37s and I run BC Forged wheels.
Don’t be too flattered. Dude cheats every race ?
Sponsored