Custom Sound System

iEatCommunists

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone have a YouTube video walking through the process?
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Anyone have a YouTube video walking through the process?
Bavsound videos show you how to replace all the speakers in the car. OEMaudio+ has a video on how to replace the amp. There are some other videos out there too on Supra audio installs.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Feel free to comment with any questions you have about this build. Iā€™m pretty active and will usually respond same day.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread. Regarding your amplifier placement:

I want to add a super slim 10" amplified woofer behind the passenger seat. Seems to be just enough room. Any concerns with drilling behind the seat for the screw placements? Paranoid about hitting a gas tank or something.

George

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Itā€™ll still sound like trash unless you address the terrible rattles. Gut it, sound deaden it to start is the only ā€œproperā€ way to do it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Itā€™ll still sound like trash unless you address the terrible rattles. Gut it, sound deaden it to start is the only ā€œproperā€ way to do it.
What areas did you address?

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, some sound dampening would be helpful, atleast for the trunk. I know your build used a good bit, and i like the ported solution you came up with.

I'm wanting to stay very stock overall hence an enclosed slim woofer. The lower end is just kinda missing. Best I've come up with is a small ampd enclosure. Also wanting to avoid weight.

OP
OP
foywilliamd

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Only owned the Supra a short while (needed to get something more practical for my family) and this system is actually for sale.
To answer your question, no concerns drilling behind passenger seat, but obviously if youā€™re going through metal, double check.
For 10ā€ shallow mount sub, recommend JL 10TW3. Awesome product.
For rattle removal, buy some foam tape and sit in the car with bass up. Put the tape where you hear rattles. Pretty easy.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Yeah, some sound dampening would be helpful, atleast for the trunk. I know your build used a good bit, and i like the ported solution you came up with.

I'm wanting to stay very stock overall hence an enclosed slim woofer. The lower end is just kinda missing. Best I've come up with is a small ampd enclosure. Also wanting to avoid weight.
My entire system is run off of a JL Audio HD900/5 tucked behind the side panel of the trunk. This Sound Shield is much lighter than other brands and works great. I also wanted stock looking and light weight.

8A918EFE-80E6-42EE-B3F4-46807438ADED.jpeg

A1EDC2A7-AD7D-4889-9B60-D429E931B28E.jpeg

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
wow. You went deep with removal. I didnā€™t wanna take out the stock sub box. I went on top of it instead.
Sponsored