Base sound system subs

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
I watched the Bav sound system upgrade install video and saw they were able to remove the subs from their housing without having to take the center console apart to get to the bottom bolts to remove the sub box. They just removed the side panels. Which allowed them to lift the the top of the sub box up to access the screws for each sub. I have the base lvl sound system. Are subs the same or same design as the JbL or do I have to take the whole chamber that each one is in out? ie removed side panels, center console and sub box etc
Sponsored

OP
OP
Donjazz

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
Also, if I can unbolt the subs from their chambers without having to remove them or their any speakers that would fit besides the Bav sound ones?

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I installed the Bavsound without even removing the sides. I was able to flex the top of the box up and sneak the old out and the ne win with a bit of cussing with their tool kit. The upgrade is worth it as it increases sound volume by about 12db. The sound isnā€™t going to rattle the windows on the car next to you but the bass is louder and cleaner. Itā€™s like running 4 subs isobaric in the same chamber. If you need anything feel free to reach out, but I highly recommend their install kit for the ease of install.

When you check out on the site they have an option to select the correct subs for your power output with the base stereo.

OP
OP
Donjazz

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
Wow man I had all the panels off one side yesterday and half the center console. When it came to ā€œpoppingā€ the CF part out I stopped. It was stuck like Chuck and I didnā€™t want to break itā€¦so I put the whole thing back together. Did you have the JBL system?
Sponsored