A90 Subwoofer - Any And All Info Pertaining To Subs

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
No worries you can go back and edit your post. Was your question answered?
yeah, except what’s a silent code? Sorry for the questions this is my first time doing audio in a car an wasn’t sure to expect codes or not.
Sponsored

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I’m referring to a custom sub box, we’re making a custom box this weekend and removing the old subs and disconnecting the amp and connecting a single 12” with an after market amp. Also sorry what’s a silent code?
Codes that don't trow a cel, they cause no harm.

Couple concerns with this method. What Hz will the new subs play and are you adding a MOST25 adapter and DSP?

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Codes that don't trow a cel, they cause no harm.

Couple concerns with this method. What Hz will the new subs play and are you adding a MOST25 adapter and DSP?
hz i’m not a 100% but it’s a 1500 watt amp, and i have a lc2i audio converter adapter that’s about all. I’m not too sure how to check how many hz but the sub specifications says 25-250hz and the amp also says between 20-250hz.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
hz i’m not a 100% but it’s a 1500 watt amp, and i have a lc2i audio converter adapter that’s about all. I’m not too sure how to check how many hz but the sub specifications says 25-250hz and the amp also says between 20-250hz.
Ok...so.. to use the LC2i the factory amp needs to stay put. Have your installer tap into the post amp speaker wiring.

Also by removing the oem subs you are cutting out not only the sub bass but also the mid range bass. The front speakers do not play lower frequencies due to the 4" size. Your installer may have some tools on hand to see what Hz will be cut out. But I can tell you adding those frequencies back in to the new subs will leave an undesirable effect.

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Ok...so.. to use the LC2i the factory amp needs to stay put. Have your installer tap into the post amp speaker wiring.

Also by removing the oem subs you are cutting out not only the sub bass but also the mid range bass. The front speakers do not play lower frequencies due to the 4" size. Your installer may have some tools on hand to see what Hz will be cut out. But I can tell you adding those frequencies back in to the new subs will leave an undesirable effect.
Interesting, so there’s no way to completely remove the whole stock set up as in subs and amp and put the aftermarket ones in without having issues?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yes there is a way without issues. In my build I replaced every component. I believe this is the most pure/correct way of doing any audio build. But to replace it all with aftermarket costs a lot of money thanks to the fact we have a MOST25 system, which is a curse and blessing at the same time.

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Yes there is a way without issues. In my build I replaced every component. I believe this is the most pure/correct way of doing any audio build. But to replace it all with aftermarket costs a lot of money thanks to the fact we have a MOST25 system, which is a curse and blessing at the same time.
What else do I need? I have the lc2i and the bass knob for it should I get a 4 channel amp and the lc7i?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
What else do I need? I have the lc2i and the bass knob for it should I get a 4 channel amp and the lc7i?
You'll need quite a bit of stuff depending on your goals. I have an 8 speakers setup with two amps a dsp and MOST25 adapter with custom door panels and custom sub enclosure. I spent $13k with install.

If you're just trying to get more bass, you should follow what others have done in this thread by using your LC2i but don't touch the factory amp or oem enclosure/speakers. Have a custom enclosure built on the side cubby area like @Sam B did or use your trunk space.

sanh12

First Name
San
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
You'll need quite a bit of stuff depending on your goals. I have an 8 speakers setup with two amps a dsp and MOST25 adapter with custom door panels and custom sub enclosure. I spent $13k with install.

If you're just trying to get more bass, you should follow what others have done in this thread by using your LC2i but don't touch the factory amp or oem enclosure/speakers. Have a custom enclosure built on the side cubby area like @Sam B did or use your trunk space.
Yeah i have a custom enclosure we’re going to build. i’ll probably just throw in what I have and replace what I have an just hope for the best.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yeah i have a custom enclosure we’re going to build. i’ll probably just throw in what I have and replace what I have an just hope for the best.
If you are set on replacing the oem subs/enslosure add back a couple smaller subs in that enclosure to play the higher frequencies that you don't want the subs to play.

Here is a similar build for reference.

If you can do that you are good to go.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)