Daily Driving the Supra

ElyellowMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I daily drive mine as well. I commute 200 miles a couple times per week from CT to Near Boston, MA. It has made my commute enjoyable. Like some other folks in the thread I am also considering what to do during winter. May not daily it then, so I would be interested in what other do in the winter in snowy regions.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For the people who lives in area with snow during the winter, how do yall do it?!?
I don't daily mine but in VA we have snow on the ground perhaps a week tops... I've had mine for almost a year and it is fine to drive, even with the OEM tires, in anything other than snow, sleet, and slush--which I probably wouldn't be driving in anyway with any car. That said, we also have an Audi so if for whatever I had to go out in snow or slush.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I don't daily mine but in VA we have snow on the ground perhaps a week tops... I've had mine for almost a year and it is fine to drive, even with the OEM tires, in anything other than snow and slush--which I wouldn't be driving in anyway with any car.
Same here, went through winter with OEM tires. As long as you dont try to be a hero with a foot of snow on the ground, you're fine. OEM tires warmed pretty quickly and never had slippage issues. Ready for another winter season.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I daily mine in Canada, and everyone with a sports car want to race.
The attention is a bit much.
Half the time these days im listening to true crime podcasts and driving in the slowest lane cause if im in the middle or left someone is going to pull up and slow down and glance over trying to do the railroad crossing sprint.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I daily it as well. I like normal mode for keeping a little bit of a lower profile despite the color. The attention was a bit much at first but Iā€™m getting over it.
As far as people wanting to race, wouldnā€™t even do it with cars I know the supra can beat, never worth it, plus I value safety. Less people try to do that with this car compared to my old 86 however.

For those living in VA, I agree the car is ok in conditions without snow and safe driving, given that the snow is a very specific phase here. But Iā€™m curious if anyone actually swaps for winter tires here and what their experience is (hassle of doing it, difference in handling/performance) etc

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I daily drive mine as well. I commute 200 miles a couple times per week from CT to Near Boston, MA. It has made my commute enjoyable. Like some other folks in the thread I am also considering what to do during winter. May not daily it then, so I would be interested in what other do in the winter in snowy regions.
I am gonna be getting a beater in the next month or so for a daily during the winter. Plan on keeping mine garaged unless it's a nice weekend out.

ElyellowMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am gonna be getting a beater in the next month or so for a daily during the winter. Plan on keeping mine garaged unless it's a nice weekend out.
I have been considering this option as well. Just didnā€™t want another car but dont wanna rust the Supra in NE winder roads.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
I have been considering this option as well. Just didnā€™t want another car but dont wanna rust the Supra in NE winder roads.
its the best way to go....get a little gas sipping beater to use in the winter.. It keeps the miles down on your nice whip and using a beater for grocery shopping etc is awesome....

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
I have a Tiguan that I use in the snow. I tried driving the Supra with the OEM tires and it was way too slippery. I needed to move the Supra so here is another problem. Note: the water used was only tepid it was not hot like it looks like in the video. I was exceedingly careful in not scratching the paint. The link to the video is below.

The heat is on

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I daily drive mine but havenā€™t had many places to drive to recently (lost my job). So I drive when Iā€™m bored. Just cruise around town.
the roads here (NC) are trash though. So thatā€™s why I donā€™t randomly drive anywhere. I do need to make a trip to the dragons tail in the mountains soon. Driving my S2K there was sooo much fun. The Supra should be a blast

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Spiguyver may be from OK, but I donā€™t hold that against him. Heā€™s the BOSS when it comes to the Supra from a down-to-earth perspective.
Sponsored