DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Might be my favorite pic ive taken of my car yet. Still trying to improve my shooting/editing so I welcome any feedback!

DSCF3711.jpg
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Might be my favorite pic ive taken of my car yet. Still trying to improve my shooting/editing so I welcome any feedback!

DSCF3711.jpg
For this photo. Maybe a CPL for the windshield if not using one. Cleaning up random paint chips would be the next thing (the yellow statute and along the outer wall). Could also utilize some of Lightrooms more AI-rich presets and do some further sky modifications to bring out a bit more blue.

But I like it as is tbh.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For this photo. Maybe a CPL for the windshield if not using one. Cleaning up random paint chips would be the next thing (the yellow statute and along the outer wall). Could also utilize some of Lightrooms more AI-rich presets and do some further sky modifications to bring out a bit more blue.

But I like it as is tbh.
Thanks! I do have and used a CPL. Maybe mine sucks or something as Im able to change what areas of the car have a reflection, vs being able to completely remove them.

This is the raw photo which will give you an idea of what i did in LR:

DSCF3711 copy.JPG

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Thanks! I do have and used a CPL. Maybe mine sucks or something as Im able to change what areas of the car have a reflection, vs being able to completely remove them.

This is the raw photo which will give you an idea of what i did in LR:

DSCF3711 copy.JPG
If it interests you, I'd love to take a stab at editing the raw? I have a darker persona with editing and may show a different image?

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If it interests you, I'd love to take a stab at editing the raw? I have a darker persona with editing and may show a different image?
It wont let me upload the actual RAW file here, shoot me a DM and ill send you a link.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The focus seems a bit soft. But heres my take. Subtle pink/red in the sky and some color grading to help that gorgeous green stand out. Could even stand to up the exposure .2 levels just on the car to really make the car pop out more.

NTUXQrM.jpg

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The focus seems a bit soft. But heres my take. Subtle pink/red in the sky and some color grading to help that gorgeous green stand out. Could even stand to up the exposure .2 levels just on the car to really make the car pop out more.

NTUXQrM.jpg
Thanks for the edit! Im using a very old camera (got it for free so no complaints) and the lenses i have for it arent great. Going to upgrade soon, was hoping for a BF deal but no luck.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Thanks for the edit! Im using a very old camera (got it for free so no complaints) and the lenses i have for it arent great. Going to upgrade soon, was hoping for a BF deal but no luck.
No Problem. I'm always down to provide a different spin on things if you hit a creativity block.

What're you shooting with now?(Body and lenses). If budget allows, I cannot recommend the Sony A7iii or iv enough. I use it with a Sigma 85mm f1.4 and this thing is tack sharp.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No Problem. I'm always down to provide a different spin on things if you hit a creativity block.

What're you shooting with now?(Body and lenses). If budget allows, I cannot recommend the Sony A7iii or iv enough. I use it with a Sigma 85mm f1.4 and this thing is tack sharp.
Its a Fuji XT10, with about 8 lenses. Bought it for my wife many years back as she wanted to get into photography, but she maybe uses it like 4 times a year, so Im borrowing it to learn. This was with a lower end Fuji zoom lens, something like a 18-55. Im planning on grabbing a Fuji X-S20 to stay in brand so the wife and I can swap lenses. Ive got a few fuji and sigmas on my list.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I did not see this thread until now, that is one good looking car I must say.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Hey man, this is John.. met you yesterday with my son at cars and coffee in Sanford. Your car looked great! Really dig those seats.. looking forward to your buildout!

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey man, this is John.. met you yesterday with my son at cars and coffee in Sanford. Your car looked great! Really dig those seats.. looking forward to your buildout!
Thanks man, great meeting you yesterday!