DarkZupra's Build

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just FYI - I bought these direclty from AMX Performance. I know theres another person on this forum with similar seats, but I did not buy from him (I actually DM'd that guy on here and on instagram with questions about the seats and never got a response but oh well).
I will do the same. Thank you so much 🙏🏼. I found the install thread thanks to you for my awesome mechanic. He can probably do the electrical stuff I have no clue about too. And thrilled there is such an amazing option for track weekends and still look absolutely stunning 😍. I’m only 6’ even and 185lbs. Should work perfectly. Beautiful build BTW and garage 😂 I still want your garage too someday 🤤
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I will do the same. Thank you so much 🙏🏼. I found the install thread thanks to you for my awesome mechanic. He can probably do the electrical stuff I have no clue about too. And thrilled there is such an amazing option for track weekends and still look absolutely stunning 😍. I’m only 6’ even and 185lbs. Should work perfectly. Beautiful build BTW and garage 😂 I still want your garage too someday 🤤
Haha thanks!

There were a few differences for me from reneglect's build thread. Namely i had to de-pin 3 pins on the passenger side to get the harness out. Honestly if i did it again, id try to find seat wiring harnesses on ebay to use, you basically wreck the stock seat harnesses by reusing them.

3 bigmoney

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
do you have a link for your verus wing end plates

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
APR Side Skirts fitted (mostly) and some better pics of the interior with the new seats.
IMG_6533.jpeg

IMG_6553.jpeg
Are you going to put in a 5-6 point harness eventually?

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you going to put in a 5-6 point harness eventually?
Probably not. These seats dont actually have a submarine hole so id be stuck with a 4 point. Also that would require a cage to do safely and im not willing to do that yet.

Those seats are sex
Thanks!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1669824582348.jpeg

How about something like this? Saw it on that other link you sent. Doesn’t look too obtrusive and could perhaps get the 5 point harness done 🤷🏼‍♂️. Thinking for myself and love your seats bro!!!!

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1669824582348.jpeg

How about something like this? Saw it on that other link you sent. Doesn’t look too obtrusive and could perhaps get the 5 point harness done 🤷🏼‍♂️. Thinking for myself and love your seats bro!!!!
Unfortunately the area this connects to (sheet metal) is just not strong enough to survive an accident. Also switching to a 4/5/6 point harness means needing a helmet and hans device at all times to stay safe, otherwise youre likely to snap your neck during an impact. If i tracked it more id look into this stuff, but I only go a few times a year for fun.

If anything ill probably do a webbing swap on the stock belts and make them red to match a new part i have on the way (Porsche RS-style door pulls).

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Also switching to a 4/5/6 point harness means needing a helmet and hans device at all times to stay safe, otherwise youre likely to snap your neck during an impact.
Where did you hear this?

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you hear this?
Years of experience with track driving. Ill admit if i'm wrong, but physics agrees with me.

A standard shoulder belt allows your body diagonal momentum to slow gradually during a crash. Essentially you move in a diagonal line perpendicular to the axis of the shoulder belt until you slow, or meet the airbag, which ever comes first.

A harness holds your shoulders in place, so during an accident the only part of your body that can continue with momentum is your head, causing potential for spinal injury (example - see Dale Earnhardt).

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Where did you hear this?
Everywhere?

If you wear a harness, you want a hans if you enjoy having a working neck.

Also, a FIVE or SIX point harness needs a seat that has an opening in the bottom cushion for the sub straps to go through. A FOUR point harness does not.

I use a SIX point harness and the sub straps look like this:

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Where did you hear this?
He is right, you really gotta do it all or none at all. Cage no harness is a death wish, harness no hans is asking for a broken neck.
Sponsored