Dealer Service Experiences

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Well for me the nearest dealer is 2 hours away. Before I bought the car I decided I wouldn't even take it to a dealer unless it was for warranty work.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
Still got ToyotaCare on mine and wanted to take advantage of the free oil changes so I took mine in toward the end of May at Lake City Toyota in Seattle.

Service advisor was super knowledgeable and had my Supra ready to go in around 1 hour. Been driving it for a month now and the oil level is exactly where it should be, no leaks or anything negative.

All around very positive experience to be honest.

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
I took mine to West Kendall Toyota here in Miami, FL and the advisor was helpful looking to see the services included with mine. He said they were equipped with 3 lifts for Supras and the parts were in stock. I was in and out in about an hour. I was there to change the oil after the 1,200 mile break in period. The one thing that they didnā€™t do was reset the miles for oil change.. it still shows 9,000 left till the oil is to be changed because that can only be changed when the car hits 10k apparently

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2015 Subaru Forester, 1994 S10 pickup
Still got ToyotaCare on mine and wanted to take advantage of the free oil changes so I took mine in toward the end of May at Lake City Toyota in Seattle.

Service advisor was super knowledgeable and had my Supra ready to go in around 1 hour. Been driving it for a month now and the oil level is exactly where it should be, no leaks or anything negative.

All around very positive experience to be honest.

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's encouraging. My guess is the straightforward, routine work is more likely to be welcomed in Toyota service depts.
I think in my case the technician was gunshy about diagnosing what to him was a minor nitpicky problem, wouldnt pay to get into it. didnt want to deal with it. The attitude of the service mgr to back him up on this was most surprising.

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
I did not bring my Supra to the dealership where I bought it. One walk through the Toyota service bay and it was a ā€œhell-noā€ for me. I asked the service manager if they had any ā€œramps for lowered carsā€ to drive up on to fit the lift arms underneath, and his immediate response was not confidence inspiring. I bring my cars to an independent mechanic that has experience with M and RS cars. Funny enough, after an oil change on the Supra, he left a quart of BMW 0W20 oil in my trunk and said ā€œitā€™s a BMW engine, you may need it.ā€

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealership service and parts depts are the main profit centers. And the Supra is less likely to affect revenue there because of small numbers likely to show up. So theres likely less equipment $$ are going to be spent.
In fact I was told be a service manager they had to borrow tools for special repair from BMW.

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I did my second free ToyotaCare service at my dealer last week. I'm at just over 10k miles and this was the 20k service. Dealer did an oil change, cabin filter, inspection, and the headlight plug recall work in a couple hours with no issues. I'm not really having any other warranty type issues, so nothing else for them to check on this time... I'm very happy and will continue to service my Supra at my local dealer. I took my FR-S there for years and they treated me well then too. They also sent me a nice video tour of my car and the service tech showed me exactly what they did and what was going on. I can tell they are really trying to step up their game.

Last edited:

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'd like to hear of you guys' and ladies experiences with Toyota dealer service depts.
I had an unsatisfactory first visit last week and left with the impression service personnel including service managers view the Supra as not something they want to deal with- that's it's a BMW essentially, over engineered and difficult to work on.
So question- are you guys encountering this?
I had to take mine in so they can fix the battery message. The guy who took in my Supra was nice. The actual output is below satisfactory. They reset the settings so that the message would go away, but my battery was still at 65%.

I am due for my first oil change in a month so I am not sure what to do.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
My Toyota experience was flawless.

They even allowed me to personally drive the to and from the techs service bay. No one drove the car but myself.

Their attention to detail was second to none. The Supra tech was a true car guy and appreciated a caring owner.

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
yea i took my supra in to my toyota dealer they thought i was bringing em a subaru lol got in my car after the oil change it was in neutral service dude couldnt figure out how to put the car in park smh not going back lol

OP
OP

Jomartijr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I cant fault the last dealer for manner, cooperation, attentiveness and doing what a customer typically appreciates.
But.....I continue to hear " That's normal road vibration" when I know its not. Granted, I'm particular but this is frustrating. I described the low amplitude vibe which is evident in the steering wheel. We have a FTR ( field tech representative) appointment being planned now.
I'm prepared to go the independent shop route if Toyota doesnt stand up on this.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I've only brought my car into Toyota once for the clear bra on my bumper which was installed incorrectly at a different Toyota dealership (where I bought the car from). The service manager was the one who communicated with me directly, even set me up for a loaner vehicle while they installed a new clear bra.

I have a friend who's a BMW master tech I bring my car in for maintenance. I'll only bring my car in for non powertrain related warranty issues. I may bring it in to have them fix the wiper twitch I've been having since day one. Just afraid they'll have to mess with the ECU to fix it.
Sponsored