debadging my 2021 supra

erivers

First Name
eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 mustang GT, 2020 supra
Removed both the supra and GR badges from the rear of my turbulence grey 21 Supra today. Came off easily with hair dryer and fish line. Cleaned up the adhesive with 3M adhesive cleaner. Looks much cleaner on the back now. I just don't care for badges.
Sponsored

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
I know the BMW M engine cover fits. ;)

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I feel like it looks naked without the Supra nameplate personally.
Me too. In fact, I just ordered a pair of 1993-1998 rear "supra" badges. I plan on adding them to the sides, like where Mustang "5.0" badges are. Saw this in another thread and thought it looked really good. As best as I can tell, those OEM 93-98 badges are identical to ours. We'll see...

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Me too. In fact, I just ordered a pair of 1993-1998 rear "supra" badges. I plan on adding them to the sides, like where Mustang "5.0" badges are. Saw this in another thread and thought it looked really good. As best as I can tell, those OEM 93-98 badges are identical to ours. We'll see...
5814D5D4-2C80-4589-BA66-CAB927F2A0E1.jpeg

Looks much better with it! Also got rid of that silly GR badge

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Not sure why people want to make their MKV look like a MKIV.
It's a badge that happens to look identical (from pictures anyway, we'll see when they arrive). Not really sure how adding badges that are identical to the one I already have on the back makes it look like a MKIV?? Wouldn't making a MKV look like a MKIV require swapping sheetmetal? ;)
I'm pretty darn confident no one is going to mistake my 2021 for a 1998...

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
It's a badge that happens to look identical (from pictures anyway, we'll see when they arrive). Not really sure how adding badges that are identical to the one I already have on the back
The Mk IV and Mk V logos are quite different:

Supra.png

Last edited:

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I like certain design elements of the mkiv better...including wing and badge font but the rest is MKV all the way. I would’ve bought a mkiv instead if that’s what i wanted, this way i can pick and choose parts of each i like ??

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
The Mk IV and Mk V logos are quite different:

Supra.png
Thanks for this! Now that I see them together, I can see some difference. However, they look quite similar to me and since you won't be able to see the back and sides of the car at the same time. IT will be next to impossible to tell once they are on the car. I'll see if I can find the picture I saw that gave me this idea.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂ Might as well shave the door handles and the rear tag bracket. And take off the Toyota emblem.
Why would we do that?
Sponsored