Decent weather finally got a good 1/4 time

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Nice ask it takes is practice and good track prep never seen a60 that low on stock tires
thanks man. I really owe a huge thanks to Zach from Counterspace for taking a ton of his time to get the car dialed in and make sure it’s running great. I’ve been giving this car hell haha. Over 20 passes down the strip this weekend, with a few show boat burnouts. Never thought I’d see a 1.6 60’ on the stock rubber, but hoping to hit consistent 1.5-6’s on radials!
Sponsored

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Is there any reason to worry that a second gear launch is any more stressful on the drivetrain than first gear?

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Is there any reason to worry that a second gear launch is any more stressful on the drivetrain than first gear?
I think on street tires with a little bit of slip it’s most likely ok. On dr’s I could see there being quite a bit more stress and a greater chance of drivetrain part failures. But once I throw dr’s on I plan on trying first and second gear launches, so I guess I’ll find out soon. Im not making crazy power or torque at the moment.