HtownSupra94

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi everyone,

I ordered my new 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium from a dealership down here in Texas. When first talking to them, it was schedule to arrive on October 20th. Here we are on October 31st, the dealership has told me it has been delayed until November 12th. This was the 3rd time it has been delayed and I was just wondering if anybody else is having these shipping issues with the new Supras.

Should I expect a multi-month delay or do these issues usually get resolved within a month or so?

Any information would be gladly accepted. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shipping delays are normal. One month after it hits the US is normal (could be longer, could be shorter). If you haven't already, clarify that it's already been built and arrived to port in the US.

I took delivery of my 2022 at the end of September. I originally was going to buy a Nitro Yellow one and put a deposit down for it early September and they told me production date was late September and then it would be shipped from Austria to USA then their dealership, ETA 2-3 months. This was a car they had on allocation but had no real idea when they would get it. The production date got pushed back twice, one week at a time. I ended up switching to a black one that was going to come in sooner. My dealership posted the black one as "available" once they knew it was in transit inside the US. When I asked my sales rep about it he said it was scheduled to arrive 9/22-27. It ended up getting a new delivery estimate of 9/30-10/2 and came in on 9/30.

This is for the southeast so I don't know if the port mine arrived in would be the same as yours. Thus trucking routes for delivery and back up on logistics and shipping times may be different but at least this gives a small point of reference.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
My '21 was a couple of weeks late when I took delivery about a year ago. Totally normal. Was told to expect 2 weeks back then, now I would image in being more given the "COVID-related supply chain issues." Which is the best excuse and I use it at work often. Waiting on a component? Supply chain. Late project? Supply chain. Was late for work one morning? Supply chain.

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
Hi everyone,

I ordered my new 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium from a dealership down here in Texas. When first talking to them, it was schedule to arrive on October 20th. Here we are on October 31st, the dealership has told me it has been delayed until November 12th. This was the 3rd time it has been delayed and I was just wondering if anybody else is having these shipping issues with the new Supras.

Should I expect a multi-month delay or do these issues usually get resolved within a month or so?

Mine was suppose to arrive Oct. 20th as well. SF, California. Now Being told sometime in November

tomnook

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NX, 3.0 Premium
Screencap from my dealer, how accurate is this? Can’t wait for mine to arrive
D640E123-507D-4EF1-85D8-D09D14FD1D45.jpeg

OP
OP
HtownSupra94

HtownSupra94

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: Spoke to my salesman this morning and it arrived at the port last Saturday. I assume I will get it sometime this week? Any idea timing between arrival at port to transportation to dealership? I think about a week is in ballpark from what I've researched.

Bob nowak

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mark v lexus
Hi everyone,

I ordered mine in February.. it just arrived here in Indonesia last week.. now it'sgoi g thru PDI and registration.. i am hoping to goto Jakarta next week to pick it up

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screencap from my dealer, how accurate is this? Can’t wait for mine to arrive
They're all built in Austria, I hope for the best for you but I don't think it's arriving to the US in two weeks. If @HtownSupra94 can get the info about when production completed from his dealership since it's in port now, we'd be able to know exactly how long it takes to get from Austria to the US.

Update: Spoke to my salesman this morning and it arrived at the port last Saturday. I assume I will get it sometime this week? Any idea timing between arrival at port to transportation to dealership? I think about a week is in ballpark from what I've researched.
Awesome good news, I think there is some prep that is done at the port first. If we assume that my dealership listed my car as soon as it hit port, then it would be right at 2 weeks that it took to arrive.

Bob nowak

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mark v lexus
Guys,..
My Supra has finally arrived in Jakarta, Indonesia , after 9 months waiting,.. it has been 2 weeks at Toyota getting a PDI and fitted with film tint, which is standard here,.. Yesterday afternoon it was delivered to the Dealer and Last night I received some photos from the Manager, (see attached),.. on the photo of the back of the car there is an emblem just above the GR emblem,.. does anyone know what it is,.. the dealer hasnt a clue,.. sorry the photos aren't very clear as he took them on his mobile phone',..
I will fly upto Jakarta next week to take delivery and get in back to Bali
Indonesia only has one variant of the Supra and it is called the 3,0 L,.. I think it is a Premium variant but again very little info from the dealer as they don't know too much about the car,.. Only 12 Supras were allocated to Indonesia this year,..
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-05 at 18.26.50.jpeg

Attachments

Steventje

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
For me, it took 3 days from unloading to arrival for me. Got a call on Mondaythat the the car arrived in Jacksonville, and the car was delivered to Delray on Wednesday. Picked it up first thing Thursday morning. This was September, things have changed a lot since then.

Bob nowak

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mark v lexus
Just back from Jakarta last night,.. My car left Thursday evening on the back of a truck and should be here in Bali tomorrow evening,.. depending on the weather as now we are in the rainy season,.. One of Guys transporting my car down took a video of it loading up onto the truck on Thursday afternoon and posted it on TIK TOK,.. it has over 5 million views as of this morning,.. amazing,.. everyone is Supra crazy....