Delays with ordering 2022 Supra

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Maybe because Austria is going into heavy Covid lock downs 11-22-21??? Only speculation on my part but news did report very strict upcoming lock downs. And no it wasn’t CNN so might actually be a little credibility to the report.

Covid latest: Austria locks down after weekend of Europe protests
By Sheena McKenzie, CNN
Updated 6:50 a.m. ET, November 22, 2021

CNN reports this. You realize any news outlet can fool you and that Q is myth lol.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/covid-news-live-11-22-2021-intl/index.html
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
I got my '22 in October. Out of the limited color options, I was committed to Turbulence Grey. I wanted a 3.0 Premium with Driver Assist Package (I think all premiums have this) and trunk mat. A front license plate bracket was a dealbreaker. All other options were fine.

My Mazdaspeed Miata had a pretty bad issue so I was in a bind, driving a rental costing me hundreds per week. I called every dealer in my area and every dealer in cities where I have close friends.

Dealers can send spec sheets of cars that are coming to their area. The tricky part was figuring out which dealer the car is actually allocated to. Normally, a dealer has no problem giving and allocated vehicle to a neighboring dealership, but for '22 Supras, they refuse.

I had to put down deposits at multiple dealerships to confirm my sincerity (deposits are refundable if they aren't linked to a VIN) and I ended up finding one heading to Ohio. The first dealer I was working with tried for a full week to get the allocation from "a friendly dealer nearby", but they weren't able. This goes against normal business practices, but we had good rapport, so I asked the saleswoman to text me the name of the dealership that the car was allocated to. She obliged, so I got in touch with them and they were happy to sell the car to me. Oh, for $5k over MSRP. I told the dealer that I'd go $1k over MSRP (still burning money in my rental) and they said it was a deal. I booked a one-way flight for the weekend of the estimated delivery. The car came in right on time and they got the dealership stuff done in a few hours and the nav activation overnight. I flew in, stayed with a friend and we picked it up the next morning.

I had a nice 6+ hour drive home the next day. It was a good way to get a big chunk of break-in out of the way and to spend time learning the systems. Also, I called all the other dealerships that I had a deposit at, and they all refunded me promptly.

I stayed organized and proactive, and I think it was a good experience.
Dealer List.PNG

Specs and Quotes.PNG

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
No way to know, but I wouldn't be surprised. The programs have been tweaked every which way during covid. The program letting you buy off lots was unsurprisingly suspended (and still is) due to the difficulty in allocating replacements with the current supply chain issues. I tried seeing if any dealer would take the bait on the purchase program (it went from required to discretionary) and was literally laughed off the phone by a few of them, told no by the other 20 or so.

I very much want the car but don't really want to wait almost a year as my old car is gone already. It was this or an M2, so if it's not going to be here by the end of February, I may reconsider.
Same here ordered and expecting about a 3-4 month wait.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
Same here ordered and expecting about a 3-4 month wait.
You may have a different pipeline if you order not direct from Toyota, but Toyota (not a dealer) told me it's been pretty consistently 6 months for orders (particularly direct orders). Mine took about 4.5 months to be built, now begins the waiting game for the boat, train, and truck :confused:

a90soupha

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Im located in Canada - Ordered 22 in June 2021. Was told ETA Jan-Feb 2022. They contacted me in September 2021 that it is in :/

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I got my '22 in October. Out of the limited color options, I was committed to Turbulence Grey. I wanted a 3.0 Premium with Driver Assist Package (I think all premiums have this) and trunk mat. A front license plate bracket was a dealbreaker. All other options were fine.

My Mazdaspeed Miata had a pretty bad issue so I was in a bind, driving a rental costing me hundreds per week. I called every dealer in my area and every dealer in cities where I have close friends.

Dealers can send spec sheets of cars that are coming to their area. The tricky part was figuring out which dealer the car is actually allocated to. Normally, a dealer has no problem giving and allocated vehicle to a neighboring dealership, but for '22 Supras, they refuse.

I had to put down deposits at multiple dealerships to confirm my sincerity (deposits are refundable if they aren't linked to a VIN) and I ended up finding one heading to Ohio. The first dealer I was working with tried for a full week to get the allocation from "a friendly dealer nearby", but they weren't able. This goes against normal business practices, but we had good rapport, so I asked the saleswoman to text me the name of the dealership that the car was allocated to. She obliged, so I got in touch with them and they were happy to sell the car to me. Oh, for $5k over MSRP. I told the dealer that I'd go $1k over MSRP (still burning money in my rental) and they said it was a deal. I booked a one-way flight for the weekend of the estimated delivery. The car came in right on time and they got the dealership stuff done in a few hours and the nav activation overnight. I flew in, stayed with a friend and we picked it up the next morning.

I had a nice 6+ hour drive home the next day. It was a good way to get a big chunk of break-in out of the way and to spend time learning the systems. Also, I called all the other dealerships that I had a deposit at, and they all refunded me promptly.

I stayed organized and proactive, and I think it was a good experience.
Dealer List.PNG

Specs and Quotes.PNG
I did the exact same to get my '22

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You may have a different pipeline if you order not direct from Toyota, but Toyota (not a dealer) told me it's been pretty consistently 6 months for orders (particularly direct orders). Mine took about 4.5 months to be built, now begins the waiting game for the boat, train, and truck :confused:
I have the white and red interior 3.0 Premium. Locked in to order Nov 15th

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had a TRD Pro 4Runner take 3 months ish from build to delivery but overseas factory obviously adds a step in between everything.

Bob nowak

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mark v lexus
Toyota Indonesia have announced that that orders for the Supra for 2022 will NOT be delivered until 2023,.... Only 2 units were officially imported into the country this year,.. Mine being one of them,..
There are some ""Grey Imports"" of UK Spec Supra's being imported via UK,.. ( mostly 2020 models) by NON Toyota dealers, Selling Price is 195,000 USD,.... that''s 50,000 Dollars more than the MRSP here in Indonesia....

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Toyota Indonesia have announced that that orders for the Supra for 2022 will NOT be delivered until 2023,.... Only 2 units were officially imported into the country this year,.. Mine being one of them,..
There are some ""Grey Imports"" of UK Spec Supra's being imported via UK,.. ( mostly 2020 models) by NON Toyota dealers, Selling Price is 195,000 USD,.... that''s 50,000 Dollars more than the MRSP here in Indonesia....
Are you saying that you paid $145,000 USD for your Supra?!