Detail Shops

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Just wondering if anybody on here has a great detail shop they've been to and would recommend (preferably anywhere around or south of Bellevue. I've been going to a great shop for the past year in Woodinville but they moved further north so it's a bit harder to leave my car there now (especially being a daily). Any help would be great!
Sponsored

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I assume the place you're talking about who moved from Woodinville is APC Auto Spa? They did my PPF and have been all around awesome so far, I've been wanting to have them detail the car but they are waiting on some license (for washing) from the city of Monroe before they can start again. I am pretty much just waiting for them to re-open detailing.

I used to take my old car to the Redmond Auto Salon located in the bottom floor of the Microsoft Commons parking garage. However, I don't think they are open right now though due to covid, but they always did a fine job and had pretty competitive prices so might be worth checking out if they re-open. I don't think they required you to be a Microsoft employee to use them despite being in the parking garage.

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Yeah it is APC. For my first detail shop they definitely knocked it out of the park with detailing and applying my ceramic coating. It just sucks cause now that they're further north it's even harder to block out time to go all the way up there.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Dumb question but what is Avants? It looks like some car enthusiasts membership.
It is. There's Seattle, Portland, and Denver chapters. They do events like private track days at the Ridge and Pacific, some car shows, dyno days, and more. Its $100/yr (I think), and I think it's definitely worth it. You get a lot of discounts, and a new member Griot's car detailing kit.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Just wondering if anybody on here has a great detail shop they've been to and would recommend (preferably anywhere around or south of Bellevue. I've been going to a great shop for the past year in Woodinville but they moved further north so it's a bit harder to leave my car there now (especially being a daily). Any help would be great!
I would contact Metropolitan Detail.

https://goo.gl/maps/gYVzr4SSPUDcaqDA8 Metropolitan Detail
(425) 233-6068

They’re one of the best shops in the Redmond/ Bellevue area. Highly recommended from our Supra group.

-RJM

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
It is. There's Seattle, Portland, and Denver chapters. They do events like private track days at the Ridge and Pacific, some car shows, dyno days, and more. Its $100/yr (I think), and I think it's definitely worth it. You get a lot of discounts, and a new member Griot's car detailing kit.
Yeah I was looking at those benefits and they seem almost too good to be true haha. But I appreciate the suggestion and will def look into that!

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
I will have to second the recomendation for Met auto detail. They do very good work but it's not cheap. You get what you pay for, as a good detailing takes a great deal of time.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I'm curious what's considered 'not cheap.' in this part of the world.
Well they charge $400 to ceramic coat your wheels. Thats for loose wheels, not mounted on the car. Whats that run on your side of the spectrum?

-RJM

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
When it comes to Met Detail it depends how crazy you want to go. Last I checked if you go full bore it's 3k for a full crazy person detailing job. Mind you that was roughly 6 years ago where I checked the pricing so I'm sure they have made things more expensive now days. Having the "nice" car in jack stand hell, and a boring daily I haven't had a reason to visit a detail shop.

raslian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I will have to second the recomendation for Met auto detail. They do very good work but it's not cheap. You get what you pay for, as a good detailing takes a great deal of time.
Can also vouch for Metropolitan Detail. They've ceramic coated all of my cars, and the Supra twice (damn accidents...). They are on the pricier side (you can get ceramic coating/detailing for cheaper for sure), but the quality and service I believe are worth the premium.
Sponsored