Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
If
How difficult was the install? I just got mine in today and wondering if u had any troubles or any tips you can give for the install?
1). If you are thinking about a downpipe do it at the same time.
2) I put a short roll around work chair under the muffler to set on to make it easy to get out
3) when installing the new exhaust make sure clamps are pointing the right way to avoid hitting anything and making noise
4) making sure the tips are centered isnā€™t too bad

im old but was able to do it myself
Sponsored

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
How difficult was the install? I just got mine in today and wondering if u had any troubles or any tips you can give for the install?
Crazy simple install. The most difficult part is putting together the valve bracket. I put it together wrong the first go. And don't forget that you can't test that the valve is working till the car is warmed up and not in cold start. I about took everything back apart because I thought I broke something cuz the valve wasn't working lol

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 - 2000 S2000 - 2013 Civic Si Cpe
If

1). If you are thinking about a downpipe do it at the same time.
2) I put a short roll around work chair under the muffler to set on to make it easy to get out
3) when installing the new exhaust make sure clamps are pointing the right way to avoid hitting anything and making noise
4) making sure the tips are centered isnā€™t too bad

im old but was able to do it myself
Whats the right way for the clamps facing? The bolt facing straight down or facing up or to the side?

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crazy simple install. The most difficult part is putting together the valve bracket. I put it together wrong the first go. And don't forget that you can't test that the valve is working till the car is warmed up and not in cold start. I about took everything back apart because I thought I broke something cuz the valve wasn't working lol
Is the valve bracket an easy thing to install wrong or was it just a big oopsie from you lol. Dont wanna install it wrong even after knowing about it because it can fit 2 ways šŸ˜‚

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Whats the right way for the clamps facing? The bolt facing straight down or facing up or to the side?
depends on which clamp. But itā€™s sort of obvious when youā€™re looking at it. I just spazzed and wasnā€™t thinking about how far the exhaust can actually move around.

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
depends on which clamp. But itā€™s sort of obvious when youā€™re looking at it. I just spazzed and wasnā€™t thinking about how far the exhaust can actually move around.
Haha, ok thanks. Installing it today hopefully everything goes well.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Haha, ok thanks. Installing it today hopefully everything goes well.
I actually had one clamp that didnā€™t clamp down enough - tight but not tight enough - I had some sheet metal that I cut a 2ā€ wide strip to go all the way around and then it clamped fine. Seems to be working fine for now. Iā€™ll get a smaller clamp if/when needed.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is the valve bracket an easy thing to install wrong or was it just a big oopsie from you lol. Dont wanna install it wrong even after knowing about it because it can fit 2 ways šŸ˜‚
Lol wasn't paying enough attention to the pics in the instructions on how you put the bracket and pieces together for the valve setup and had one piece positioned wrong. Was an easy fix.

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually had one clamp that didnā€™t clamp down enough - tight but not tight enough - I had some sheet metal that I cut a 2ā€ wide strip to go all the way around and then it clamped fine. Seems to be working fine for now. Iā€™ll get a smaller clamp if/when needed.
Uh oh, @EvilMKV did u have that issue?

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did the install go?
Went good ! Everything fit nicely, only "issue" I had was just fiddling around with that stupid spring to install the valve motor onto the new exhaust lol. I love the way it sounds, quiet and no drone in comfort and not much in sport either. I am paired with a catless downpipe too.

Last edited:

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Went good ! Everything fit nicely, only "issue" I had was just fiddling around with that stupid spring to install the valve motor onto the new exhaust lol. I love the way it sounds, quiet and no drone in comfort and not much in sport either. I am paired with a catless downpipe too.
Yeah, that spring sucked lol Glad it turned out well
Sponsored