Dinan Intakes for the Toyota GR Supra

indymajor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91MT CU Later Grey
About an hour if you are taking your time. That said, most of the engineers here can probably uninstall and install that family of intakes in about 15 minutes just from doing it consistently during R&D so it definitely can be done MUCH quicker.

FWIW all reccommended install times are listed under the "specs" section of each of the product pages on the website.
Im needing this exhaust ASAP, all the other Carbon bits along with CAI, Inlet and engine cover going on in two days. Hoping to not have to remove the Diffuser to install the exhaust. Any ETA on the exhaust?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
Im needing this exhaust ASAP, all the other Carbon bits along with CAI, Inlet and engine cover going on in two days. Hoping to not have to remove the Diffuser to install the exhaust. Any ETA on the exhaust?
Don't do ETA's as it always bites me in the rear. It creates expectations that may not be met and ultimately pissed off people as a result of things I have no control of. All I will say is it's coming -- and sooner rather than later.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Yes it will. Keep and eye out I’m switching intakes again soon and will be selling my dinan intake/inlet and dinan strut bars for a good discount. I have a disease at this point spending money on this car💀
i got dibs

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Don't do ETA's as it always bites me in the rear. It creates expectations that may not be met and ultimately pissed off people as a result of things I have no control of. All I will say is it's coming -- and sooner rather than later.
Can you at least tell us if the tentative Dinan exhaust will be a valved unit?
I had the Dinan rear section and midpipes on the F80 and it made the S55 at least sound respectable
🤣

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
Can you at least tell us if the tentative Dinan exhaust will be a valved unit?
I had the Dinan rear section and midpipes on the F80 and it made the S55 at least sound respectable
🤣
It is valved.

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 - 2000 S2000 - 2013 Civic Si Cpe
Curious, have you tried it with the lid off?
I have, I just installed mine yesterday. Currently is -5 to -10 Celsius where I live so I don't notice a big difference with the lid on/off. With the lid off its actually not that much louder, I would say maybe an extra 5-10% louder? But you lose the look for the carbon lid but also you have a nice blue exposed filter so its up to you

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I have, I just installed mine yesterday. Currently is -5 to -10 Celsius where I live so I don't notice a big difference with the lid on/off. With the lid off its actually not that much louder, I would say maybe an extra 5-10% louder? But you lose the look for the carbon lid but also you have a nice blue exposed filter so its up to you
aw, really? wanted to take mine off this weekend since we're finally in decently fresh weather.. hmm.. thanks for sharing!

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
aw, really? wanted to take mine off this weekend since we're finally in decently fresh weather.. hmm.. thanks for sharing!
Yeah, i was expecting a bigger difference since Im basically opening up the whole intake. The only real difference in sound was the BOV/Flutter is a bit louder in the cabin with the lid off, but the intake suction noise with the lid on/off was basically the same. Still deciding if I want to put it back on or not since its so cold here in Canada that my IAT's are always low.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Yeah, i was expecting a bigger difference since Im basically opening up the whole intake. The only real difference in sound was the BOV/Flutter is a bit louder in the cabin with the lid off, but the intake suction noise with the lid on/off was basically the same. Still deciding if I want to put it back on or not since its so cold here in Canada that my IAT's are always low.
o
wait
that's exactly what i want
excellent
thanks LOL

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
o
wait
that's exactly what i want
excellent
thanks LOL
Just make sure you dont lose the rivet pins like me when taking off the lid..... Lost like 2 of them by dropping them in the bay lol. A good tip to remove then is just wear some thin winter gloves so u dont poke your hand and just use ur index finger and push up from the bottom of the pin. The pin will slide right out :p

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
Dinan- When's the intake likely to be back in stock?
All existing orders (aka: backorders) will be shipping by the 18th at latest. A new order would not be fulfilled until sometime in January as some components to build additional units (mounting brackets and heat shields) aren't expected in until the very end of December.
Sponsored