Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Loving it overall - just wishing cold starts were a bit quieter.

Was going to get some sound clips, but got a lovely low coolant warning as soon as I cranked it up today. Have to get to BMW tomorrow and pick some up.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Loving it overall - just wishing cold starts were a bit quieter.

Was going to get some sound clips, but got a lovely low coolant warning as soon as I cranked it up today. Have to get to BMW tomorrow and pick some up.
How much louder is it than stock on cold starts?

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Here's some polished tip action that I recently added. I purchased this system originally with the black tips, the polished tips I ordered directly through Dinan and they're lightly longer.

1716222399339-3e.png
1716222470504-op.png
1716222483756-k6.png
1716222492892-99.png

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
darn, was really hoping to find an exhaust that won't wake up family and neighbors when i go to work early in the morning...
I don't find it that bad at all lol I have no worries of firing mine up and bothering any neighbors.

Can also skip the cold start by blipping the throttle or putting it in gear.

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I don't find it that bad at all lol I have no worries of firing mine up and bothering any neighbors.

Can also skip the cold start by blipping the throttle or putting it in gear.
Yup that’s what I do. Crank it and throw it in reverse/roll it out of the garage while the loudest part of startup is going.

When in sport mode and the exhaust pops really loud, do you hear a vibration under the car? I was thinking it’s just the valve rattling a bit but not sure.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup that’s what I do. Crank it and throw it in reverse/roll it out of the garage while the loudest part of startup is going.

When in sport mode and the exhaust pops really loud, do you hear a vibration under the car? I was thinking it’s just the valve rattling a bit but not sure.
No vibrations here. I did have to make sure to manipulate the hangers and such properly as there was one point where the midpipe was pretty close to the heat shielding and I could get it to make a noise by shaking the pipe. Got it moved to the proper place and I get nothing.

And yeah some of the pops are great haha I've had a couple of loud bangs in a hard acceleration and in high rpm manual downshifts. Just enough for my tastes without sounding like I've got a crackle tune lol

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
No vibrations here. I did have to make sure to manipulate the hangers and such properly as there was one point where the midpipe was pretty close to the heat shielding and I could get it to make a noise by shaking the pipe. Got it moved to the proper place and I get nothing.

And yeah some of the pops are great haha I've had a couple of loud bangs in a hard acceleration and in high rpm manual downshifts. Just enough for my tastes without sounding like I've got a crackle tune lol
Totally agree. The exhaust is exactly what I wanted when driving. Sport mode is amazing.

There’s a certain throttle point when you’re in lower RPMs where you can get a controllable, consistent burble too. And yeah some of the bangs are definitely smile inducing.

I’ll check on the heat shield. Thanks for the suggestion.

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium

Pushed the heat shield out around the midpipe and definitely seems to have helped the rattle.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Installed mine yesterday. Sound is great. Cold start is a bit much, but I guess you have to make compromises. Quiets down pretty quick.

One weird thing is after I finished the install and went for a drive/listen I was getting a lot of smoke when I would come to a stop. I can't decide if it smells unusual (aka sweet?), as I never really sniffed the exhaust before. I hope its not a blown headgasket, just seems quite strange to be right after swapping the exhaust. My coolant is full, I guess I will have to keep an eye on it and see if I'm losing coolant. Maybe there is some kind of coating on the metal for storage/shipping that is burning off.....?

20240521_142644.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
Installed mine yesterday. Sound is great. Cold start is a bit much, but I guess you have to make compromises. Quiets down pretty quick.

One weird thing is after I finished the install and went for a drive/listen I was getting a lot of smoke when I would come to a stop. I can decide if it smells unusual (aka sweet?), as I never really sniffed the exhaust before. I hope its not a blown headgasket, just seems quite strange to be right after swapping the exhaust. My coolant is full, I guess I will have to keep an eye on it and see if I'm losing coolant. Maybe there is some kind of coating on the metal for storage/shipping that is burning off.....?
More than likely the smoke you are experiencing is just the muffler packing bags burning off. Romp on it for a half hour getting it very hot and they will totally burn away.
Sponsored