Dinan Valved Exhausts for the Toyota GR Supra

chitanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Mikan Blast 45th / '99 Mazda Miata
definitely considering this exhaust, how's the drone with OEM downpipe and valve open?

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Some in car drone in sport mode, but nothing excessive by any means (2k-3k RPM and under load is the only time drone is noticeable - BUT normal mode stops it immediately).

Just did a 10 hour drive through the Asheville area/Copperhead Loop/blue ridge parkway yesterday with my wife and dog in the car. Exhaust is perfectly livable for cruising but can get really rowdy when you want it to.

IMG_2021.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg
IMG_2016.jpeg

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
definitely considering this exhaust, how's the drone with OEM downpipe and valve open?
Minimal at best. It's the only way I drive mine, in sport. I get no complaints from the wife about drone.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Some in car drone in sport mode, but nothing excessive by any means (2k-3k RPM and under load is the only time drone is noticeable - BUT normal mode stops it immediately).

Just did a 10 hour drive through the Asheville area/Copperhead Loop/blue ridge parkway yesterday with my wife and dog in the car. Exhaust is perfectly livable for cruising but can get really rowdy when you want it to.

IMG_2021.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg
IMG_2016.jpeg
Awesome! I can't wait for my next trip up to Robinsonville so I can hear mine ripping through the mountains. Flat FL roads don't hit the same lol

chitanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Mikan Blast 45th / '99 Mazda Miata

IMG_2021.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg
IMG_2016.jpeg
beautiful pics :D

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
More than likely the smoke you are experiencing is just the muffler packing bags burning off. Romp on it for a half hour getting it very hot and they will totally burn away.
You must have been right, smoke issue has gone away. Phew, I was really stressing there for a little bit.

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
@Dinan_Engineering

Did you guys ever test the exhaust with a resonator?
We messed with the stock collector/resonator and our own muffler as an iteration (just a Dinan axle-back) but never created a version of the existing Dinan exhaust with our own resonated section that I am aware of. In the prior setup the the collector/resonator didn't address any problematic drone areas so we simply eliminated it to get a bit of extra volume.
Sponsored