#100RenaissanceRed

#100RenaissanceRed

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
I wonder if there is another date cutoff for oddities like yours? Maybe all LEs made the cut?
As far as the recall dme lock it's up in the air if you're the second owner. I had a buddy go in for a brake issue and came out with a locked dme cuz they installed the update.
Then again, his is #700+ and mine is 100? So who knows, wish there was a better way to find out other than dropping the money for an ots tune license 😩
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
As far as the recall dme lock it's up in the air if you're the second owner. I had a buddy go in for a brake issue and came out with a locked dme cuz they installed the update.
Then again, his is #700+ and mine is 100? So who knows, wish there was a better way to find out other than dropping the money for an ots tune license 😩
Well I mean you kinda have to drop the money either way if you want to get tuned. Might as well just do it and see what happens.... worst case, you get an unlock.

But at the same time, I do agree. If it got the recall done, better chances of needing the bench unlock (maybe 100% chance?).

@razorlab you want to be the test victim and take yours in for the recall? Haha

OP
OP
#100RenaissanceRed

#100RenaissanceRed

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I mean you kinda have to drop the money either way if you want to get tuned. Might as well just do it and see what happens.... worst case, you get an unlock.

But at the same time, I do agree. If it got the recall done, better chances of needing the bench unlock (maybe 100% chance?).

@razorlab you want to be the test victim and take yours in for the recall? Haha
True - only difference being that I'd get downpipe and a few other supporting mods beforehand.

!!Definitely don't get the recall!!
To clarify, my buddy was on stage 1 bm3 tune when he dropped off the car, the "recall" reset & locked the dme.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
True - only difference being that I'd get downpipe and a few other supporting mods beforehand.

!!Definitely don't get the recall!!
To clarify, my buddy was on stage 1 bm3 tune when he dropped off the car, the "recall" reset & locked the dme.
If that's all you want to do for mods (that's where I'm at) the jb4 works fine for a decent bump in power (map 6 Jesse tune).

I am assuming your buddy didn't try to tune before the unlock? That's going to be the main thing to know.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Recall locks the ecu, tuned or not. I have no plans on doing the recall.

For pre 6/2020 ecus that get locked, you just need to get it bench unlocked. No Femto needed.

OP
OP
#100RenaissanceRed

#100RenaissanceRed

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just took this screenshot now. Even today, it still states it needs a bench unlock…

6AFC9160-7BD0-4047-83FA-74EFF00DCCED.png
Interesting, will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info!
Would you happen to have a tuner recommendation that can do a custom 92 tune? I'd use an ots tune but they're all 93 or 91 😩
Sponsored