DME Unlock and BM3 basics

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
What is a reasonably complete system look like? I am trying price out a package where I'd have the ability to run majority of the OTS maps from BM3 as well as future capability to custom tune.

1) BM3 License
2) DME Unlock and BM3 installation in Finland through EPC or yourself.
3) Flex fuel kit
4) Flex fuel sensor (maybe this is in the kit)
5) Downpipe to maximize gains?

Am I missing anything?
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
What is a reasonably complete system look like? I am trying price out a package where I'd have the ability to run majority of the OTS maps from BM3 as well as future capability to custom tune.

1) BM3 License
2) DME Unlock and BM3 installation in Finland through EPC or yourself.
3) Flex fuel kit
4) Flex fuel sensor (maybe this is in the kit)
5) Downpipe to maximize gains?

Am I missing anything?
Buy BM3 License and FEMTO Unlock through EPC (they have a black friday sale right now)
Connect the BM3 License to your ECU, provide necessary info to EPC
Buy BM3 Flex Fuel Kit (on Black friday sale)
Buy a downpipe (non negotiable). High flow catted or catless.

HIGHLY suggest getting a custom tune.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Buy BM3 License and FEMTO Unlock through EPC (they have a black friday sale right now)
Connect the BM3 License to your ECU, provide necessary info to EPC
Buy BM3 Flex Fuel Kit (on Black friday sale)
Buy a downpipe (non negotiable). High flow catted or catless.

HIGHLY suggest getting a custom tune.

Yes.

custom tune does not equal custom ROM right? BM3 CustomRom is a type of ROM that allows custom tune and other parameters?

Also EPC shows the black friday sale on the website but not when I add the items to cart. DME unlock still shows $1600. A note states BF sale is 24 hours and starts Nov 24 12..not sure what time zone AM/PM etc..

5Rocket_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
1. Bm3 license - 600
Map pack - 50

2. I shipped my ecu myself and paid 250 for shipping and 800 for the unlock.

I shipped through FedEx and it took 2 weeks to get back to me. They donā€™t provide the exact options that Femto gives in their instructions.
This caused a clearance hold that was scary at the time but the situation worked itself out just fine. Femto does this all day every day.

Ship through DHL to avoid that.

Going through a service is paying an extra $500 for them to ship it for you or for peace of mind that the package wonā€™t get lost in the mail.

3&4. 600

5. 300

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes.

custom tune does not equal custom ROM right? BM3 CustomRom is a type of ROM that allows custom tune and other parameters?

Also EPC shows the black friday sale on the website but not when I add the items to cart. DME unlock still shows $1600. A note states BF sale is 24 hours and starts Nov 24 12..not sure what time zone AM/PM etc..
BM3 CustomROM allows for FlexFuel, Anti-Lag, Multi-Map. If you unlock now, youll get CustomROM features with your unlock.

Custom Tune mean not using an OTS Map. Get a custom map from a reputable tuner and youll get a better overall experience, especially if you want to go flex.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
1. Bm3 license - 600
Map pack - 50

2. I shipped my ecu myself and paid 250 for shipping and 800 for the unlock.

I shipped through FedEx and it took 2 weeks to get back to me. They donā€™t provide the exact options that Femto gives in their instructions.
This caused a clearance hold that was scary at the time but the situation worked itself out just fine. Femto does this all day every day.

Ship through DHL to avoid that.

Going through a service is paying an extra $500 for them to ship it for you or for peace of mind that the package wonā€™t get lost in the mail.

3&4. 600

5. 300
Thanks for that, EPC black friday sales seems effy, if I can't get in with that I think I'll go the same route you went, hope you won't mind if I shoot a DM or two your way.

BM3 CustomROM allows for FlexFuel, Anti-Lag, Multi-Map. If you unlock now, youll get CustomROM features with your unlock.

Custom Tune mean not using an OTS Map. Get a custom map from a reputable tuner and youll get a better overall experience, especially if you want to go flex.
Understood. I have E85 readily available but the power mod is not needed for the street, its for the track. At the track there is no E85 so I can run either 91, 101 or 110 leaded. If this is the main purpose than Flex fuel kit + custom tune is not that much needed?

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
Thanks for that, EPC black friday sales seems effy, if I can't get in with that I think I'll go the same route you went, hope you won't mind if I shoot a DM or two your way.

Understood. I have E85 readily available but the power mod is not needed for the street, its for the track. At the track there is no E85 so I can run either 91, 101 or 110 leaded. If this is the main purpose than Flex fuel kit + custom tune is not that much needed?
The black Friday sale is over. It was at $1280 for the unlock I believe. Try messaging them. If you can go through EPC then you should. It's another layer of security because they'll hand deliver your ECU to femto. Not much more than shipping it directly yourself at that price.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/diy-flex-fuel-kit.17107/

Check the above for a diy flex fuel kit. It's much cheaper than a kit from some brand and the fittings are more reliable. They're on sale right now. Make sure to get the canbus version of the zeitronix. Regardless, you'll need to tap into the canbus system of the car. The bm3 kit comes with a sub connector so no need to posi-tap with that, although posi-tap is pretty reliable.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
The black Friday sale is over. It was at $1280 for the unlock I believe. Try messaging them. If you can go through EPC then you should. It's another layer of security because they'll hand deliver your ECU to femto. Not much more than shipping it directly yourself at that price.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/diy-flex-fuel-kit.17107/

Check the above for a diy flex fuel kit. It's much cheaper than a kit from some brand and the fittings are more reliable. They're on sale right now. Make sure to get the canbus version of the zeitronix. Regardless, you'll need to tap into the canbus system of the car. The bm3 kit comes with a sub connector so no need to posi-tap with that, although posi-tap is pretty reliable.

I see, yeah I have sent a message, if they honor that price I'll get it for sure, else, personal shipment it is.

I am thinking about a data logger that taps in to the can bus as well....Wonder if the same posi tap can be used for both, or they would need their own access at different points.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
6) precision 6870
7) methanol injection
8) LPFP
9) intake manifold
10) port injection kit
11) cams
12) stage 2 block
13) stage 2 trans
14) axles n diff
15) drag radials
16) x-hp
17) single exit pipe
18) hello kitty accessories
I have step 18 already covered.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep in mind if you ship yourself, you cannot insure the shipment or FEMTO wont take it. Insurance = declared value = customs fees for them.

I wouldnt go any other way these days other than EPC, since they fly there and hand deliver your ECU. Max saftey factor.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Keep in mind if you ship yourself, you cannot insure the shipment or FEMTO wont take it. Insurance = declared value = customs fees for them.

I wouldnt go any other way these days other than EPC, since they fly there and hand deliver your ECU. Max saftey factor.
Do you know if the CEL delete for catless pipe and turn off cold start work? All I managed to dig up were 2-3 year olds posts with people reporting it did not work for them.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you know if the CEL delete for catless pipe and turn off cold start work? All I managed to dig up were 2-3 year olds posts with people reporting it did not work for them.
They work. I use both.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
They work. I use both.
This thing just got exteremely lucrative for me as I hate the cold start and hate the price on catted DP. I'll make do with gas smell.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
If anybody can help me please:

I want Ecutek on my locked 2022- I have a pre June 2020 donor ecu and purchased all the ecutek stuff already. I just need to know what gets shipped to where and what unlock service to purchase? 3 days no response from femto or epc. Everything including femtoā€™s direct website for ordering seems specific to bm3/mhd. I know a million people have done this so Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m struggling so hard to figure it out!
Sponsored