Do NOT buy a Supra right now

ifew552

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q50
Isn't that technically what the GTR did to shock the supercar world when it was first rereleased? 2.9sec 0-60 and they were $85k that first year. Certainly not $85k now; IIRC, the very next year the sticker went up 15k.
Will you buy one if you can go back to past? I certainly would. "model of the car first went on sale for $69,850 back in July 2008."
Sponsored

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
Will you buy one if you can go back to past? I certainly would. "model of the car first went on sale for $69,850 back in July 2008."
Perhaps. I loved it and the tech they threw in was awesome. But devil's advocate still left something to complain about. Folks were claiming it to be the supercar killer but the 0-60 at 2.9 was a different story from 60-100. Not comparing this by any means to the Dodge Neon SRT4 but folks went crazy for it's initial speed back in the day but that was all she had lol.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
5 to years ago was all about performance but as I get a little older I'm looking to buy what I like and think is more of a head turner/collector. The supra is a legendary badge just over rarity alone. I read in 2014 there were 35000 corvettes sold with the c7 body style. Vs 11k from 93-98 supra. Big difference obviously

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
5 to years ago was all about performance but as I get a little older I'm looking to buy what I like and think is more of a head turner/collector. The supra is a legendary badge just over rarity alone. I read in 2014 there were 35000 corvettes sold with the c7 body style. Vs 11k from 93-98 supra. Big difference obviously
Look at the historical breakdown:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevrolet/corvette/chevrolet-corvette-sales-numbers/

In a different thread, someone responded that Toyota was planning to produce at the same rates of Corvettes yet just as you mentioned, history doesn't support those plans. Obviously things could change but I am not betting that direction.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
The real question is if magna steyr even has the capability to produce those numbers

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
they're producing around 400 cars per month for N.A. afaik, so the ~3700 estimate seems pretty accurate given production start.

we discussed this at length and the past and the overall goals for NA/worldwide, but I can't find it right now and cant remember the exact details so.

EDIT: 12,000 cars was the previous N.A. production goal, so I'd expect them to try to reach that next year unless something has changed.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I assume so, but the figure given might have applied to US/Canada only.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
@PerformanceSound did your source ever say anything about the z4 b58 supposedly coming in the supra next year like the bmw insider has said?
Unfortunately, I have not heard anything about that. I will ask though.

That's interesting, but I want the car ASAP. Don't care much for bigger brakes. 90% of my driving will be on public roads, a few track days out of the year, that's it. I want the sound of the straight 6 and the handling for spirited driving. I'm a simple man lol.
Cool. Yeah, as I've been told Toyota is going to be doing what Nissan did with the GTR...."evolve" the platform year after year (one year bigger brakes, next year more aero, year after more HP, etc...). I do not have a timeline, but that is what I am being told.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tada wanted to do that with the 86 and wasn't really able to for several reasons, but he has previously stated intentions to do so with the A90 so we shall see.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Tada wanted to do that with the 86 and wasn't really able to for several reasons, but he has previously stated intentions to do so with the A90 so we shall see.
Good stuff seems to be on the horizon. I don't want to change the conversation too much, but any Lexus updates? Like.... idk.... LC F :D?

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Isn't that technically what the GTR did to shock the supercar world when it was first rereleased? 2.9sec 0-60 and they were $85k that first year. Certainly not $85k now; IIRC, the very next year the sticker went up 15k.
Now the NISMO is $210K
Sponsored