Do NOT buy a Supra right now

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just got off the phone with Earl Stewart Toyota here in Palm Beach FL. Guy tells me there's a wait list of 24 ppl with deposits. Says Toyota only making about 4500 Supras for 2020 model year..:hmm: how true is this? There's about 2800 dealers across US, sounds like I wouldn't be able to get my specific model anytime soon if I put a deposit down.
Sponsored

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Earl Stewart Toyota here in Palm Beach FL. Guy tells me there's a wait list of 24 ppl with deposits. Says Toyota only making about 4500 Supras for 2020 model year..:hmm: how true is this? There's about 2800 dealers across US, sounds like I wouldn't be able to get my specific model anytime soon if I put a deposit down.
I attended a Supra revealing some time back. I was told by the rep there that it was going to be 3700 for North America. Which is pretty much inline with what you just stated.

Quicksilver

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
future: 2020 Supra
I can’t see why Toyota would only make 3700 or 4500 Supras when there is such a large demand for it. Make me think twice about all this...

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what your budget is and if you are in a hurry....but, the latest I heard is that a version with 6 pot Brembo calipers is on it's way. When exactly? I do not know.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Dealer in Naples was asking 10K markup. Sold for 5K markup. It was parked yesterday downtown. Its red - not a fan - almost looked like a matte red. Anyway I'll wait to see the other colors.
Silly and wasteful. But hey if you got the money to blow go for it.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
I personally have no interest in ever owning a corvette, but I'm very intetested in seeing how well it does, and what sort of performance tuners can get out of it.

Just wish other people could be as accepting of the Supra and accept thats people are going to chose what they like.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
I respect the C8 but that article is rubbish, imo. People are going to buy what they like, some bargain buyers (not a bad thing) some will spend more for something they want, regardless. Again, I’ve stated this, nothing new here, American performance cars are and always will be a bargain compared to European and Japanese. gt350, ZL1, etc..

C5 was running with f355’s, mk4’s , C5 Z06 with 100k plus 996 turbos, etc. what’s new? It’s exactly the same as the mid 90’s and 2000’s

Customers of mclaren, Ferrari, Porsche aren’t going to be losing sleep, it’s happened to them in the past decades. Just different clientele, more win for everyone and buyers of all income.

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
I respect the C8 but that article is rubbish, imo. People are going to buy what they like, some bargain buyers (not a bad thing) some will spend more for something they want, regardless. Again, I’ve stated this, nothing new here, American performance cars are and always will be a bargain compared to European and Japanese. gt350, ZL1, etc..

C5 was running with f355’s, mk4’s , C5 Z06 with 100k plus 996 turbos, etc. what’s new? It’s exactly the same as the mid 90’s and 2000’s

Customers of mclaren, Ferrari, Porsche aren’t going to be losing sleep, it’s happened to them in the past decades. Just different clientele, more win for everyone and buyers of all income.
Isn't that technically what the GTR did to shock the supercar world when it was first rereleased? 2.9sec 0-60 and they were $85k that first year. Certainly not $85k now; IIRC, the very next year the sticker went up 15k.

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Not sure what your budget is and if you are in a hurry....but, the latest I heard is that a version with 6 pot Brembo calipers is on it's way. When exactly? I do not know.
That's interesting, but I want the car ASAP. Don't care much for bigger brakes. 90% of my driving will be on public roads, a few track days out of the year, that's it. I want the sound of the straight 6 and the handling for spirited driving. I'm a simple man lol.

Quicksilver

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
future: 2020 Supra
That's interesting, but I want the car ASAP. Don't care much for bigger brakes. 90% of my driving will be on public roads, a few track days out of the year, that's it. I want the sound of the straight 6 and the handling for spirited driving. I'm a simple man lol.
Yup same here!
Sponsored