Do your windows roll down all the way?

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Hey guys! I just noticed something a little peculiar about my windows. When I press the buttons to roll them down, my left one has about 1 cm left above the sill and the right one has about 2cm above the sill left to roll down. To get them to go down completely, I have to press each button again and they will fully go down below the sill. Is this normal and if not, is there a way I can modify a setting to get them to roll down fully with just the 1 press?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve found a few posts on the BMW forums on how to reset the window limits, might be worth a try

Thanks Adam! I tried this along with multiple different combinations suggested on other threads here and still no luck ☹

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thanks Adam! I tried this along with multiple different combinations suggested on other threads here and still no luck ☹
Did you try this yet?:

Make sure the car is fully off and windows rolled all the way up.

Start the car with pedal + ignition(engine running).

Auto roll either both or just the problem window down(you should be left with the window glass still slightly exposed).

Press and hold the window button all the way down and hold for 20 seconds(the exposed glass will disappear in the process).

Pull the window button all the way up, hold until the window is fully closed and continue to hold the button for another 20 seconds whilst the window is closed.

Now auto roll the window down and the issue should be fixed. Also just to note, the first time you roll the window down the glass will be completely hidden. After that you will see the glass but it will be flush with the door frame.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you try this yet?:

Auto roll either both or just the problem window down(you should be left with the window glass still slightly exposed).

Press and hold the window button all the way down and hold for 20 seconds(the exposed glass will disappear in the process).

Pull the window button all the way up, hold until the window is fully closed and continue to hold the button for another 20 seconds whilst the window is closed.

Now auto roll the window down and the issue should be fixed. Also just to note, the first time you roll the window down the glass will be completely hidden. After that you will see the glass but it will be flush with the door frame.
Yeah I did! I saw these steps on another thread. Didn't work for me unfortunately

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine do this too, at least with auto-down. After theyre down i just tap the buttons down again and they go all the way down. Odd but not the worst thing.
yeah it's not a huge deal at all! But if I can find a reset for it, that would be awesome

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Did you try this yet?:

Never worked for me

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’m in the all way down club. Is it dependent on when the car was released/built?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Mine's 2020 and goes all the way down with one click.
I recommend trying the window reset as posted above..

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
It's normal for them to not go 100% down on the auto-open click

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
yeah it's not a huge deal at all! But if I can find a reset for it, that would be awesome
the only other way to reset it and get it to sit level is either using istep or take to the dealer so they can hook it up and do it. I would have the dealer “fix” it for you.
Sponsored