Does the 20/21 Supra have Lane Keep Assist?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I think everyone is confused about what he's asking. The Supra has lane departure assistance. Not lane keep (sometimes referred to as lane centering). If you take your hand off the wheel during a long sweeping turn on the highway, it won't keep you centered in the lane, it'll bounce you in and out of the lane while the car is moving forward. What the OP is asking about is a very light version of "autopilot", which this car does not have. I think newer BMWs have it. Apparently hyundai/kia makes the best version of this technology outside of Tesla.
My 2019 Corolla Hatchback had LKA and add that to the list of manufacturers with the best version of that technology. So long as I applied pressure to the steering wheel periodically so the system knows I'm still awake, the car would quite literally drive itself. Kinda disappointed the system in the Supra isn't as advanced but I can live without it.
Sponsored

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
In some states, such as Maryland, use of turn signals is frowned upon.
In WA the 2019 state supreme court ruled that you have to use a turn signal for every single lane change and/or turn, even if you are in a turn-only lane. It is permissible for a police officer to use that as a primary offense, and then also ticket/arrest you for anything else they find, such as DUI. (State of WA v. Brown, Docket #96884-5)

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
First thing I turned off and only kept vibration.
Ditto. Having no assist but vibration has been my favorite. I'm always annoyed with my Subarus that have a tendency to not only bounce off the edges of the lane, but also beep incessantly if you do anything mildly interesting on your own without warning it.
It would be different if I had a habit of falling asleep at the wheel.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yes. If you use your turn signal, the car figures you are intending to change lanes and doesn’t resist you.
Gotcha. I will look for this turn signal thingy next time I drive.

GG117

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90, Subaru WRX
Mine's equipped with lane keep assist. Just like this guy said above me, you would want to flip the turn signal on and change the lane in order to make it less resist.

Nyakis007

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2002 WRX
Question about lane assist, as far as i remember when i bought the car, the green icon for lane assist was always on, fast forward to a few hours ago i went to my local dealership to have the nav activated, driving home i noticed the green icon wasn't on, so went back to the dealer, we took it for a test drive and now it only turns on when going 40mph+.... is it always on for you guys no matter what speed you're going or does it only turn on when going 40+?
Sponsored