First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

As promised, the door garnish removal and carbon install video is live right now.

Hope this helps everyone!

Link:

Cheers,
-V

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

As promised, the door garnish removal and carbon install video is live right now.

Awsome vid! Just subscribed. This will push me over to buying one. I just cant seem to figure the color i want. Also anyway you can post some more pics of your ride?

Link:

Cheers,
-V

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, appreciate the support, and glad it helps convince you to join the MKV group!

I have a bunch of pics in my garage on this forum if you want to take a look there. Also my IG @nemotoguy also has a ton of pics of my car.

Cheers,
-V

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just curious, has anyone you are aware of installed one with body color on it? I personally do not care for the carbon add on look.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

Link:

Cheers,
-V
Looks great! Curious between the difference of P2tuned and Rexpeed? Looking at yours it looks full dry carbon and rexpeed is carbon over fiberglass? Someone please chime in if they know.

Voidec

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2019 BMW X3 M40i, 2018 BMW M4, 2018 BMW M240i Xdrive, 2017 Lexus RC300 F Sport AWD, 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hey everyone, had a question on the door garnish. I recently had my whole car PPFd as I have the phantom matte gray color. After I got the car back I noticed that the top part of the garnish you can sort of pull back a little bit and you can see a slight gap. It feels like if you gave it a good pull, it would come off. This is the same for both driver and passenger side doors. I was wondering if people had the same issue or if itā€™s something the shop who did the PPF messed something up

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Hey everyone, had a question on the door garnish. I recently had my whole car PPFd as I have the phantom matte gray color. After I got the car back I noticed that the top part of the garnish you can sort of pull back a little bit and you can see a slight gap. It feels like if you gave it a good pull, it would come off. This is the same for both driver and passenger side doors. I was wondering if people had the same issue or if itā€™s something the shop who did the PPF messed something up
You can see in the videos that the stock garnish is held in place by 2 screws, many clips, and adhesive along the bottom. I would check the screws if the top is loose. There is no way the door garnish should simply pull off of the car without a lot of force.

Voidec

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2019 BMW X3 M40i, 2018 BMW M4, 2018 BMW M240i Xdrive, 2017 Lexus RC300 F Sport AWD, 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
You can see in the videos that the stock garnish is held in place by 2 screws, many clips, and adhesive along the bottom. I would check the screws if the top is loose. There is no way the door garnish should simply pull off of the car without a lot of force.
After intensive checking, I noticed that the top screw was loose on the driver side and the passenger side was missing the entire screw. Took it back to shop and they fixed it up. We Gucci now. Thanks everyone

dhobb52

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, 2021 TRD Venture 4Runner
i got the Seibon ones, good quality and they utilize all the clips, I've seen some only use a few. I managed to only break one clip out of all of them removing the stock ones.

i noticed the channels that the clips slide into on Seibon are a tad thinner than stock so the clips fall out when you hold it up to install. So Iā€™ll have to get a drop of some adhesive on each channel to hold the clips in long enough to install it. I did break off a few of the tabs that hold in the fake vents. A plus for versions of these that get rid of the fake vents. The tabs are very weak and flimsy. The Seibon ones donā€™t utilize the stock foam small insert at the corner that i assume helps keep water out and vibrations or something. But for carbon fiber fitment that has usually been a pita from past cars or me, these are pretty spot on. Like the rexspeed rear lip spoiler.

441715F4-D9DD-4E5A-BD22-66AA94F4AD70.jpeg