Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I'm a simple person with simple asks... A duct to attach to the fender liner for those who want vented fenders that way i don't have to worry about debris messing up the paint/coating in that area. With that.. functional ducts for those fake vents on the front bumper (under the headlight).

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Now I’m just trolling…

can I get a gooch vent like on the mk4 Supra?
😂

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm a simple person with simple asks... A duct to attach to the fender liner for those who want vented fenders that way i don't have to worry about debris messing up the paint/coating in that area. With that.. functional ducts for those fake vents on the front bumper (under the headlight).
But, if you block the indented area with the fender liner (I assume that's what you mean) then the fender is no longer doing what it's supposed to do by being made that way. Or am I misunderstanding (which is probably the case LOL)?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
But, if you block the indented area with the fender liner (I assume that's what you mean) then the fender is no longer doing what it's supposed to do by being made that way. Or am I misunderstanding (which is probably the case LOL)?
I think the fake vent replacements should be designed in a way that they are easily removable and have a built in cavity behind them to collect the debris that would likely fall in over time. There's a reason why Toyota didn't make the area behind the vents functional, despite what the PR suggests.

So essentially, I think making the fake vents look real, would be more useful than actually making them "functional" because they're clearly not ever going to be functional unless you start cutting holes into the metal behind the vents.. and nobody got time fo' that.

The more I think about it, the less I want to mess with the fake vents.. despite how, erm.. visually grating, they are.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I think the fake vent replacements should be designed in a way that they are easily removable and have a built in cavity behind them to collect the debris that would likely fall in over time. There's a reason why Toyota didn't make the area behind the vents functional, despite what the PR suggests.

So essentially, I think making the fake vents look real, would be more useful than actually making them "functional" because they're clearly not ever going to be functional unless you start cutting holes into the metal behind the vents.. and nobody got time fo' that.

The more I think about it, the less I want to mess with the fake vents.. despite how, erm.. visually grating, they are.
I'm with you: I hate fake vents... stemming from a '00 Mustang GT I once owned... but I digress. Okay, I know which vents you are talking about. I was thinking you meant a different type of fender. Never mind.. I trippin'.
I've been looking for ways to make the vents on this car useful...... and... I got nothing.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I imagine if the cover sat flush then it might not matter all that much if it was padded, so long as it covered the holes preventing stuff like elbows from going in them. I imagine something with black textured plastic that matched the other black plastic on the dash and center console.

For an actual sellable product perhaps make a non-padded plastic cover first to gauge interest then if enough people want it padded take the next step to develop a padded version.

Edit: Another weird idea I had was a part to replace the snap on cover that goes over the QI charger, except the replacement part has like a little closure on the top where you could store sunglasses.
I second this. Would be cool to have semi-padded console cover with OEM look stitched leather on top that opens toward the driver like the mkiv. Inside perhaps there is a removable cup holder insert?

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I chopped up my door panel for science. Don't say I don't love you guys.

my nylon strap is here tomorrow

64800B86-856E-405F-A780-319A91338CB6.jpeg
ED7895E0-0BAC-4C8E-8109-F5B147811EEC.jpeg

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is a door strap going to be any easier to grab than the door handle?
Yes that's the point, also sex appeal.

the origin is from racing and wearing gloves where it's hard to manipulate the small interior handles, especially when you're upside down and the car is on fire.

so traditionally it's made of bright colors that's easy to identify by both the driver and track crews

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
The Porsche gt3rs I always get to take a ride in has those from the factory. I like them. Best part is that it makes people feel like they are locked in cause they can't find the handle! Haha

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Porsche gt3rs I always get to take a ride in has those from the factory. I like them. Best part is that it makes people feel like they are locked in cause they can't find the handle! Haha
don't give me a GT3RS chubby right now, I'm trying to work

ignore the eyeball measured Dremel cuts. Gotta make it work before I can waterjet the final parts

nylon webbing arrives tomorrow and I'll finish up the prototype and fine tune the inside portion

94AD225F-0E7E-4C6B-9E57-6B591C97903D.jpeg
Sponsored