Dubai A90 orders - confusions and mystery

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
hey guys, old supra owner but new here :)

i tried so much hard to get any info from Dubai dealers, its really confusion
and what happening seems that Toyota behind it, i have feeling that they are driving its hype as much as they can, which is understandable in modern business

i have some friends and insiders in Dubai dealers, but they all deny having any info
what more interesting, their instagram account posting some "Be READY" ads part of marketing campaigns for the Supra, its weird !!

anyway
if anyone from Dubai and can give us some info, pls go ahead

I am seriously considering getting it from USA ready to ship it and all, if someone from USA can connect with me i will be so grateful
Sponsored

OP
OP
imoj1

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a sales agent advising me to make deposit for diffrent car, and then wait for the supra order to begin, then he will transfer the deposit to the supra account

im not sure if this is okay, any Toyota employees here can give advise?

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
a sales agent advising me to make deposit for diffrent car, and then wait for the supra order to begin, then he will transfer the deposit to the supra account

im not sure if this is okay, any Toyota employees here can give advise?
Unsure how it works in Dubai, but that's not what I have heard about the commonly-accepted practice in the US. I believe there's no such thing as "account", it's just a list of names that the sales managers keep probably scribbled somewhere. I'm not a Toyota employee, I simply work at a Toyota dealership.

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
I'm thinking that just about any Toyota dealer in the US would sell one to you as long as the transport and the export document could be secured. Another hurdle is the possibility of export embargo/limitation by Toyota, meaning that a US dealer is forbidden to sell a new car to a buyer who is not a US resident; AFAIK, this has happened for premium brands. In this case, you would need to find an owner who's willing to sell the car and then the car would need to go through the export-import processes. I have no idea what those might entail.

OP
OP
imoj1

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm thinking that just about any Toyota dealer in the US would sell one to you as long as the transport and the export document could be secured. Another hurdle is the possibility of export embargo/limitation by Toyota, meaning that a US dealer is forbidden to sell a new car to a buyer who is not a US resident; AFAIK, this has happened for premium brands. In this case, you would need to find an owner who's willing to sell the car and then the car would need to go through the export-import processes. I have no idea what those might entail.
Thanks for stepping into to clarify
Let's hope I can find a seller whose maybe ready to help and ofcourse nothing is free, I will be paying all expenses including his efforts

OP
OP
imoj1

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unsure how it works in Dubai, but that's not what I have heard about the commonly-accepted practice in the US. I believe there's no such thing as "account", it's just a list of names that the sales managers keep probably scribbled somewhere. I'm not a Toyota employee, I simply work at a Toyota dealership.
Thanks for your feedback

I imagine he has a point, he is telling me how can we accept deposit for a car no one inform us anything about it. There to deposit for any other car
And as long as I'm having official payment receipt, it should be fine .. I hope

He is saying that way we won't say no once supra orders opens because the deposit already available they just need to transfer it to the supra booking

waleed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 IS 350 F-Sport, '14 Accord Coupe V6
Hi Imoj1,

Al-Futtaim Toyota will officially bring this car to Dubai in a few months. No word on the official date though. So far this seems to be the only sensible of purchasing it as it will be covered under warranty and will be priced around AED 210-250k.

There's one supra that has already arrived at Jebel Ali port from USA. Not sure if its for the royal family or open market dealership.

Expect USA/Germany imported Supras to hit open market dealerships in 2 months time. (Do not expect the price to be less than AED 300k for this year).

OP
OP
imoj1

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi Imoj1,

Al-Futtaim Toyota will officially bring this car to Dubai in a few months. No word on the official date though. So far this seems to be the only sensible of purchasing it as it will be covered under warranty and will be priced around AED 210-250k.

There's one supra that has already arrived at Jebel Ali port from USA. Not sure if its for the royal family or open market dealership.

Expect USA/Germany imported Supras to hit open market dealerships in 2 months time. (Do not expect the price to be less than AED 300k for this year).
Hey Waleed my name is Omran

thanks for the info, you are right, i just visited then today, i was there before 2 hours, nothing done yet, but the Branch Manager promised me to call me personally for the booking

do you mean 300k for open market imported? if yes, then its the reason why im running left and right, because i know the numbers will be limited and we might ended up chasing open-market with much higher prices

lets just hope to be lucky and get it from al-futtaim

SupraBoyz

First Name
Vatino
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Vatino.net
Car(s)
18 GT86
Can't find anything on placing orders or anything. I spoke to a rep in PA stating they are getting one launch edition but the owner decided it's gonna be his...
Sponsored