Eating and Drinking in Car?

• Total voters

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I only drink canned drinks (very important to open can before getting into car) on occasion in my Supra.. like after doing some oil change or whatever and taking her out for a quick test drive.

I usually don't drink anything in the car on my weekend drives.. don't want to make pit stops.. :dunno: But I have a fridge in my garage so when I get home I usually pop open a soda while cleaning the car.

Edit: btw, absolutely no eating in the car.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Years ago, one of my kids spilt some milk or sippy cup šŸ’© somewhere in the SUV and it smelt like hell. From that day forward I said no more - donā€™t care what kind of car. Too many grooves I canā€™t get into & donā€™t want to have to break the car down.

The hard part was convincing my family they wouldnā€™t starve or die of thirst until we got to our destination. Tough American concept to breakā€¦ Being sarcastic ofc & water being the exception šŸ˜œ The wife and daughter take H20 everywhere they go. Prepared to be on a Naked and Afraid episode at any given minuteā€¦

Last edited:

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Most sport-oriented car I've ever owned: my '96 Miata M. No trays, tiny armrests and NO CUPHOLDERS. Because why have open beverages in an open sportscar while you're carving corners.

On the flipside, why it has an ASHTRAY is a mystery. Maybe designed by artistic Californians, who wanted everyone to drive in a modified state of consciousness? :drive:

Spettro11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT; (RIP to my '83 MkII)
With a MT the cup holders are nearly useless. I say only water in a sealable YETI, etc., and then only if it's a longer drive where you are actually going to get thirsty. It's a hard no to food. You can wait until we get to our destination, or if traveling, it's good to stretch our legs so lets eat outside the car. My husband is aware of these rules and has no problem with it; he likes his truck clean too.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Most sport-oriented car I've ever owned: my '96 Miata M. No trays, tiny armrests and NO CUPHOLDERS. Because why have open beverages in an open sportscar while you're carving corners.

On the flipside, why it has an ASHTRAY is a mystery. Maybe designed by artistic Californians, who wanted everyone to drive in a modified state of consciousness? :drive:
I love my 4th gen ND Miata MX5. But thereā€™s definitely no room for a chalupa or Big Gulp.

I should clarify, as far as what people eat or drink in their cars, I could care less as long as they pay attention to the road.

Last edited:

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman

I hate to be stereotypical, but Japanese men smoke a lot of cigarettes. A lot.
Sponsored