OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Blue GR Supra
Hks exhaust without downpipe is nice. Deeper but not too loud. Iā€™d say AA downpipe would make more of a difference than the exhaust. I have the hks exhaust paired with the AA downpipe and itā€™s definitely loud but sounds amazing. Also pretty quiet when valve is closed
It's good to hear that it is quite with the valve closed. With my '17 M2, there was basically 0 difference in volume between valve open and closed. I have just ordered the DP and maybe I will get the HKS exhaust in the future. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Downpipe if only 1. I live in California where smog checks are a pain. I have a catted CG Precision DS-1, sounds great and relatively quiet.
Fortunately, we don't do any smog checks here in Vancouver. Good to hear your opinion. Thanks!

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Catted or catless? On stock tune? (Well technically have jb+ if that even counts lol)
I know catted would be a safer bet due to cel, but alot more costly than catless by a huge amount.
Can't speak for catted, but catless+stock exhaust is plenty loud for me. and the pops are way too loud šŸ˜‚

I am on JB4, but it doesn't matter since burbles are controlled by the DME

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dp easy, it gives you more gains. It flies under the radar. Plus downpipe should be the first mod on any Supra. Getting an exhaust will most likely get you in trouble. As in if they could see under the car you're done. DP is barely visible if you have the stock intake in. P.S you don't get much gains from an exhaust.
That's a good point. Couple of my friends were having heated - jokingly - debates whether I should get DP or exhaust. It was fun to watch them fighting between more volume, change in sound vs more gain haha

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Everyone here is right, always do downpipe first. It's louder than you think.
Always Downpipe first. Always...I would even say the install is easier than the exhaust. You'll really enjoy the extra volume and tone with the AA DP.
Downpipe with no catalytic converter with OEM exhaust flap modded to stay open is pretty loud when you get on it....just perfect for me to be honest.
Exactly my thoughts. I did have AA DP in my previous 3.0 AT so I have pretty good idea (minus my shitty memory) how it sounded.

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Easy to deal with would be the exhaust, downpipe is best bang for buck though.

You'll probably do both though. Let us know if we can help.

-Josh
Why would you say exhaust is easy to deal with? In my eyes, DP would be easiest to deal with since it's smaller in size and also easier to resell compared to exhaust... At least here in Vancouver...

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The AA catted downpipe is a great way to start. With the factory exhaust on a US spec car (GPF cars are different and are already so quiet you need to remove that anyway) the catted dp + stock exhaust is about a 15-20% increase in volume and tone. that is my go-to recommendation for anyone looking for an easy, uncomplicated install that retains the OEM valves, look, and sound when they are closed but a. little extra oomph; let me know if you need one! I have new and one used one in stock that I can to ship to CA. I also have some videos of the setup if you'd like!
Thanks for the reply! I have already placed an order for the DP through my friend's shop locally haha

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Thanks for the reply! I have already placed an order for the DP through my friend's shop locally haha
No worries at all! But you really canā€™t go wrong with it; being epa compliant and no Cel is also a big plus. Btw if for the first start up you donā€™t notice a huge difference thatā€™s because it takes about a 1000 miles of driving to break in and get the full sound, so the more you rip on it and get it heated up the faster itā€™ll break in and sound like itā€™s supposed too!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This is my 2020 with just a GESI catted downpipe. Stock exhaust. Does have a Pure700 turbo. Stock intake box.

Not the best recording but this is what it sounds like when I am blasting past someone on track.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
I actually had 3.0 AT in between another car before getting 3.0 MT so have pretty good idea how the DP would pair with stock exhaust. Just thought that since I am purchasing the DP again anyways, thought I should ask for the opinions.

Thanks for the reply!
in that case Iā€™ll say that for me downpipe alone just isnā€™t enough, my catback goes on next week.

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
This is my 2020 with just a GESI catted downpipe. Stock exhaust. Does have a Pure700 turbo. Stock intake box.

Not the best recording but this is what it sounds like when I am blasting past someone on track.

Sending that thing!

OP
OP
Koriyuu

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the replies y'all.
I have ordered the AA DP as per all your recommendations.
Thanks again!
Sponsored