#FAIL - Viper takes out my launch edition #1049

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
I was on my way home from a MSF motorcycle class and all of a sudden I heard and saw a viper fishtailing it from the northbound lane into my southbound lane. I hit the brakes hard and was at an almost full stop when he smoked me. Parts everywhere, every single airbag deployed.

Man, this sucks. I had a decent amount of money in the car, wheels and tires, clear bra, ceramic coating, meth injection, seibon front lip, flex fuel kit, tune, etc.

100% not my fault - has anyone had to deal with an insurance company in a situation like this with a modded car? Let alone that it was a limited edition LE?

My lower back is tweaked but not sure if it was class or the wreck. Ugh.

What a shitty day. Going to wait to hopefully see my insurance agent face to face on Monday to file a claim.

Open to any suggestions if anyone has had to do this before.

107375366_10105292113923344_8001466326014934564_o.jpg

106496552_10105292113544104_5413994078105130213_o.jpg

107211988_10105292113309574_8196898876358296993_o.jpg
Sponsored

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Shitty deal man, glad your ok. Did your insurance know of the parts you installed?

OP
OP

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, but I would hope that wouldn't matter since the accident wasn't my fault? I'm also making an assumption it's totaled, guess i need to wait that out. Gonna be an interesting chat with my insurance agent.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Open to any suggestions if anyone has had to do this before.
yes, don't talk to the insurance company, go get checked out at your local 24hr emergency care (around $100) if not just gave them a copy of your insurance policy, and lastly get a good lawyer!

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
Not a good look for Butler grads.

Hope you are ok physically and get any medical you need covered. As for the car, mods aren't gonna be covered by default. You've probably already looked it up by now, but your insurance is only going to cover the car itself and not any additional mods unless you already updated your policy to reflect that. Most insurance companies require you to provide the value of the mods and that gets factored into your premium. If you haven't touched your insurance since you bought the car, you're unfortunately going to be out the money for those mods.

Now I don't know if any of the above changes if the accident is clearly ruled not your fault, but I guess you may be able to try and press charges for the damage outside of what your insurance covers, but I'm not an expert, so definitely do some research to see what options you have.

Best of luck and sorry to see this happen to one of the few Indy Supras.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
That really sucks.. Hope all works out for you.. It's different from state to state but most likely your insurance company will pay you and then get the their cost from the other insurance company. Fighting against the company on your own might be aggravating. Also, if you have home owner's insurance or renter's insurance, it may cover your after market parts. again, it's varies /w state to state and insurance company. Talk to all of your insurance company, and perhaps lawyer.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Sorry to hear.

Outside of medical treatment, dash cam footage, witnesses to the accident and/or recorded/written apology/admission from the other driver would be the priority. In my experience, sometimes it gets sketchy after the party at fault talks to their insurance/lawyer.

OP
OP

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry to hear.

Outside of medical treatment, dash cam footage, witnesses to the accident and/or recorded/written apology/admission from the other driver would be the priority. In my experience, sometimes it gets sketchy after the party at fault talks to their insurance/lawyer.
Thankfully I had two people who witnessed the accident stop and give the police statements and said they would be witnesses. He was going north - I was going south - and he hit me in my lane with a giant ass turn lane in the middle - so I have on idea how they would pin it on me.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
Your insurance won't be involved. The other driver's insurance is responsible for your compensation. They will pay for any modifications also. If it was your fault it would be up to your policy details when determining whether your insurance will cover it. However, you don't have to worry about it. You shouldn't contact your insurance at all.

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
Dude, that sucks hard. You being OK is the most important part.

Insurance is different from state to state but I would be prepared to fight, I've experience accidents with others at fault and the other insurance company can be a pain to deal with. Best scenario is if you both have the same insurance, even then getting the cost of the mods covered can be an issue.
Good luck and glad you're OK

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Wow, this sucks. Hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Really sucks

Most important thing is your ok.. Mods &car can be replaced

To_Slow

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra , 95 RX7
Accidents suck ass.. been thee to many times with many of my other cars. Today all insurance companies are well tailored to not pay for any additional parts on the vehicle unless noted to your insurance before hand. To many parts and they will deny you insurance.. Since the Gay and the Furious movement you can imagine...
They will fix your car to OEM condition for sure all other small %%% ..

Good luck

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Sorry that happen too you. Without a lawyer the insurance company is going to give you pennies on the dollar for your injuries.
Sponsored