Fellow vet, save some disablity for the rest of us! LOL

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
All part of the game. I'm 39 with the health problems of an 80 year old but I get paid about $10k a month tax free to not kill myself and survive as long as possible.

I did a lot more dumb shit than normal tho. So I get bonus broken parts.
Same boat, except I'm 44. Definitely did a lot of dumb (but fun) shit in the 101st.
Sponsored

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
PM me on who you used to get you there. I'm getting the run around and tired of fighting these guys.
Amvets offers a free service

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
100% here as well. Canā€™t say Iā€™d prefer the compensation over issues (especially as I get older and having an idea of what might come). I know a few in the small group of folks I served with in Iraq and Afghanistan who have some substantial issues already. As for getting the 100%, DO IT! Those mother fuckers lied to us about the burn pits meeting OSHA standards and put so many in danger with shitty ROEs. Fight for it! Lord know they donā€™t make it easy and at the end of the day it really depends on who you get on the other end of the line when calling (what a nightmare)

Personally, I donā€™t like the license plate at all. But to each their own I guess. I do my best not to pass judgement.

painpals

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Unfortunately for me I'm at 0%. Had a collapsed lung in the military from a PT accident, not sure best way to go about it. Either getting it raised, or opening up a supplemental claim to try and go after the backdate pay.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Unfortunately for me I'm at 0%. Had a collapsed lung in the military from a PT accident, not sure best way to go about it. Either getting it raised, or opening up a supplemental claim to try and go after the backdate pay.
all of it. When did it happen? If you were "training to go to combat" you can even get it turned into "combat related"

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
% of fucked up body, mind, soul, and life connected to military service
Absolutely nailed it Carlā€¦ Iā€™m sitting at 70%, while I watched people hit 100% with less shit wrong with them. One of mine that got denied the medical record said ā€œexacerbated by military service, service connectedā€ and they denied itā€¦.

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
PM me on who you used to get you there. I'm getting the run around and tired of fighting these guys.
This, exactly this. I almost punched a doctor in the face when he decided to see if I was faking 2 shoulder surgeries. Yeah, he ripped it, because itā€™s fucked again.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
This, exactly this. I almost punched a doctor in the face when he decided to see if I was faking 2 shoulder surgeries. Yeah, he ripped it, because itā€™s fucked again.
If either of you want the information, I can get it to you. Again, the service I went with is not free, probably on the more expensive side, but they provide you a network of doctors that know the system, so pay for that plus for a case worker to analyze your medical records.

If interested, DM me. I have two options, both are not free. There are free services, but I don't know all that they offer.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
If either of you want the information, I can get it to you. Again, the service I went with is not free, probably on the more expensive side, but they provide you a network of doctors that know the system, so pay for that plus for a case worker to analyze your medical records.

If interested, DM me. I have two options, both are not free. There are free services, but I don't know all that they offer.
Just wanted to thank you again for the information.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
This is exactly where our tax dollars should be going! I canā€˜t think of a better cause than you guys. So much wasteful spending out there, yet they screw around with our vets and military. Need more peeps to wake up & vote for politicians that support yā€™all.

Earmarks are a great place to start:

https://www.cagw.org/reporting/pig-book

Endorse those willing to cut the fat but not the meat (our military). God bless you guys for helping us stay free!

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Thank you, Iā€™ve stayed away on purpose as fighting them would shorten my lifespan on its own, lol. I still see a VA doctor regularly and even he wondered how I was only rated at 70%, when one of my issues is rated at 35%, and under the VAā€™s own diagnosis codes should be rated 50-70% by itself with whatā€™s written in my chart. I donā€™t think it will be hard to get that one increased, but I just havenā€™t yet.

Iā€™ve been dealing with cancer for my youngest son for almost 2 years now, so probably not the best time for me to fight the VA. Once this is finished, Iā€™ll probably do an addendum with my original records as well as my ongoing records to get it increased. But fighting it now would put me in a bad place.

Supa_Smlz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I was originally 90 too. May not be a bad idea to revisit. I went with a company (paid) but they got me the 100, with no individual category being over 70. So I have quite a bit under my jacket to sum up the collective 100. That pay bump plus other perks is hard to pass up once you hit 100.
who did you go through? I am currently at 90 as well.
Sponsored