Finally! GR86

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
When I first joined this forum, I was hoping to buy a GR Supra. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in my budget. I put a deposit down with Longo Toyota in September.
Just took delivery of my Track Bred Premium MT. I’ve had it about 2 weeks now, and am really enjoying it after owning Priuses for a decade.
It has plenty of power, and the seats are very comfortable. Steering is very precise. Now that I have the hang of it again, the 6-speed is pretty smooth. Ride is a little rough on surface streets, but I was advised to check tire air pressure. Really loud on freeways, may have to add sound deadening. Location of the cupholders is ridiculous. Once its broken in, I’ll be able to take it for a run through the twisties into the mountains. Had Ceramic, PPF and Window tinting done and very happy with it. I really like those fender vent inserts. May go aftermarket wheels down the road.
266CC956-3AC2-499E-B4E2-070007826026.jpeg
B10E0A38-1885-4B8E-B908-D1C6E8D432F4.jpeg
Nice color my guy!
Sponsored

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Thanks. No plans for it. Its my daily driver. No markup, just MSRP. That’s one of the reasons I chose Longo.
What options were on the car? Many dealers now put on the maximum amount of added options, they make 50% on those options

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
What options were on the car? Many dealers now put on the maximum amount of added options, they make 50% on those options
All weather floor mats, door edge guards, and rear bumper applique. I put carpeted mats in the cabin, and left the all weather mat in the trunk. Another reason I bought from Longo Toyota. They don’t play those BS games. They even delivered it for free, which saved me a ton of hassles

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I wanna see one in person! Everytime i call a dealership, it's sold or not in the lot because it's already sold and in detailing, or barely about to get it's PDI because it sold. 🙄

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wanna see one in person! Everytime i call a dealership, it's sold or not in the lot because it's already sold and in detailing, or barely about to get it's PDI because it sold. 🙄
First time I ever bought a car without a test drive.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Congratulations! Glad to see you’ve finally got it! Well deserved and you couldn’t have picked a better color for it in my opinion. Love the black and red.

I want one of these as well. Please share your thoughts and driving impressions of it.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congratulations! Glad to see you’ve finally got it! Well deserved and you couldn’t have picked a better color for it in my opinion. Love the black and red.

I want one of these as well. Please share your thoughts and driving impressions of it.
i did in my original post. I am still in the break-in phase, so not going to push it yet. Overall, its a big difference from my 2013 Prius. Way more engaging. Getting in isn’t bad. Getting out is a bit trickier, but nothing like my experience getting out of a GR Supra in the showroom. I basically ended up on my hands and knees.🤣 Luckily there was no one around to see that.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
i did in my original post. I am still in the break-in phase, so not going to push it yet. Overall, its a big difference from my 2013 Prius. Way more engaging. Getting in isn’t bad. Getting out is a bit trickier, but nothing like my experience getting out of a GR Supra in the showroom. I basically ended up on my hands and knees.🤣 Luckily there was no one around to see that.
Sorry, I should’ve clarified my ask… I meant REALLY driving it 😉😉 obviously after break in of course and over time I’d be curious to know your thoughts of it as a daily. It’s what I wanted as a daily!

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
That’s great! I just saw my first one on the road a few hours ago, it looked really nice

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Congrats! It's been quite a while since you started looking, and it looks like your patience has been rewarded with an awesome car!

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats! It's been quite a while since you started looking, and it looks like your patience has been rewarded with an awesome car!
Thanks. Yeah, it took about 6 months from the time I put down a deposit to taking delivery.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I was going to put a deposit down on a 86 a couple months ago but decided to wait for the GR Corolla. When I talked to my broker about putting a deposit on a Corolla, he said dont bother cause I wont get one (one of the first ones at least). So now I am back to the 86. Going to put a deposit down on one this week. He said it should be about 4 months to get one, hopefully.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How can your broker know if you would get the car, since it won’t be available until the fall?
Sponsored