JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Toyota came back with this, and then pointed me to the motor ombudsman, they don't care:

the diagnosis provided concludes this is a characteristic of the vehicle and not a manufacturing defect.

You feedback has been shared with our Product Team and we thank you for allowing us to investigate this for you but sadly our position remains the same.
Doesn't seem worth pursuing further on that route. Such a shame. Aftermarket at some point it is I think!
Sponsored

Morathras

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR 3.0 White Metallic
Toyota came back with this, and then pointed me to the motor ombudsman, they don't care:

Doesn't seem worth pursuing further on that route. Such a shame. Aftermarket at some point it is I think!
any update on your problem? i noticed the same buzzing sound on my rear speakers, and its driving me insane

OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No change yet though I'm on the verge of having an aftermarket shop take the panels off the interior and find the source of it for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91, wrangler JK
Just thinking out of the box. Possibly a fix for this could be installing a denoiser/capacitor on the speaker lines.

I also wonder if this happens to vehicles suited with the "Premium" pack. Which in most if not all markets include the JBL sound system. All (European) Jarama's have no premium package.

@DarknightSupra Can you confirm if you have a Premium package Supra?
sorry for the late reply guys.

in our region we have only one supra.

can i know what is the premiumpakage please. ?

in my supra issue. they only did the update & it is still there. unfortunatly dealer people her has no clue abut the supra. no one knew what is the issue. i was thinking to go to the BMW dealer to let them take a look .

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Here it includes the HUD, BSM, JBL audio upgrade, and Apple Carplay I think... can't remember for sure but it's all safety and entertainment stuff - not performance.

You can see the differences here... looks like leather seats and wheel as well vs. leather "trimmed".

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91, wrangler JK
i guess mine is the permium as it has all the specs as shown in the website.

my friends with earlier 2021 patch do not have this sound we are complaining about.

OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I fixed it in the end by going aftermarket

I recoded the head unit to output audio on the MOST bus, and at this point I could tell the issue was the head unit output: now that it was no longer outputting analogue audio at all, the only noise from the speakers was an extremely faint hiss from the amp that was barely audible even with your ear against the speaker - this was the factory amp noise floor. So, by elimination, the head unit low level hifi output was the problem, or something interfering in the analogue signal path between it and the amp anyway.

So, now I have MOST audio output, I had a shop install an Audison Bit DMI to convert the MOST signal to toslink (and they discovered the HU is not wired into any MOST system in this car, so this was super simple), and an Audison APf 8.9bit amp, entirely replacing the factory amp.

Any DMI would do. The Audison unit here is a rebranded MoBridge DA1 apparently. A Helix SDMI25 would also have worked I believe. MoBridge also make amps that accept MOST directly.

The Bit DMI doesn't seem to send the remote on/off signal for the amp that it should for some reason, so we had to wire the amp on/off to an accessory fuse like you would a dash cam. Not a big deal but Audison are looking into it apparently and will have a software update to rectify this and remove the need for the fuse tap at some point. Something to do with this Model Year of the car.

On top, the installer ran time correction etc for me, and I have to say the sound improvement is drastic. Even with stock speakers, it sounds 10x better.

Coding with bimmercode was as follows:

Headunit > Expert mode > Search > AMPLIFIER_VARIANT = most
Headunit > Expert mode > Search > AUDIO_SYSTEM = tophifi
Headunit > Expert mode > Search > EXTERNER_MOST = aktiv

Oh, and for those of you in the London, UK area, Sextons were the guys who did the work for me. Very professional, kept me updated, super happy with the results!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And make sure you have a DMI to convert the most connection to something the amp can accept (or a most accepting amp), yep!

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Yikes that canā€™t have been a cheap ā€œfixā€ by the looks of the price on that DMI but sounds like a good option for those looking to improve the sound system.

What did it set you back including the labour if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Do you think the system needs anything else or is it now impressive enough?

OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Definitely not cheap!

Ā£2250 all in, includes labour and VAT.

Honestly it's transformed the sound. I'm still fiddling with the amp setup, freq filters and eq to get it how I like it but I don't feel it needs anything more. Can get some good thump out of the subs if that's your thing, soundstage is actually there now, and overall it sounds more "full" rather than muddy like it did before.

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Ouch! Still, if itā€™s something you get use out of regularly itā€™s worth it Iā€™m sure and you can split the cost across every trip you make in the car listening to some nice crisp audio!
Enjoy šŸ‘šŸ»

Reactions: JP_
OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Small follow up:

I've had a good play around with the EQ and timing myself now and got it dialled in to sound amazing. If anyone else happens to go this way and gets the same AMP, just shout if you'd like a copy of the settings. You might need a tape measure to do your own timing correction for your head position as I'm tall and sit far back haha, but that's all.

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Question about these rear speakers ..

I just picked up my 2020 Supra last week (Premium) and the rear speakers (ones by your head) don't output any audio whatsoever, even when fiddling with the fader, etc etc.

Are these speakers supposed to work for whatever music is being played? Or are they only for the "fake car sounds" that the car outputs from factory?

OP
OP
JP_

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They've always worked for me, and they are meant to work yes.
Sponsored