Formula 1 Talk

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Typical FIA. The answer is simplifying rules, so they do the opposite.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I think the F1 75 is probably the most insane looking of the 2022 cars thus far.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Masi gone! yes! hope next director has ability to think. or at least follow the rule.

Definitely the right result. Good step in restoring F1’s credibility and moving past #f1xed

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
But now it’s gunna be rotating Race Directors, which in my opinion will not help with the consistency of rulings and what not.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They made him the scapegoat to appease the crybabies at Mercedes. The whole world wants Red Bull/Verstappen vs Mercedes/Hamilton 2.0 and the FIA sees dollar signs, so they did whatever they needed to, to make sure Hamilton didn't retire.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They made him the scapegoat to appease the crybabies at Mercedes. The whole world wants Red Bull/Verstappen vs Mercedes/Hamilton 2.0 and the FIA sees dollar signs, so they did whatever they needed to, to make sure Hamilton didn't retire.
masi literally changed the rules on a whim… that’s fact... it’s not even up for interpretation. The any car a lap down crap ok, but the safety car come in a lap AFTER the wave around cars is written in black andwhite.. nothing to do about “crybabies”

and the only fools that had anything to do with Lewis “retiring” was click bait articles… If anything he was coming back just to make sure Max is a one and done with an asterisks by his name..

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
masi literally changed the rules on a whim… that’s fact... it’s not even up for interpretation. The any car a lap down crap ok, but the safety car come in a lap AFTER the wave around cars is written in black andwhite.. nothing to do about “crybabies”

and the only fools that had anything to do with Lewis “retiring” was click bait articles… If anything he was coming back just to make sure Max is a one and done with an asterisks by his name..
That all depends on who did the best job making the new car. Could very well be that McLaren, Ferrari, Aston Martin, did a better job. We don't know.
What we do know, in equal cars Max is the better driver, so unless Mercedes outdevelops Red Bull as they did the second half of last year, Lewis won't be making sure of anything. First thing he needs to worry about, is if George will play wingman like Bottas.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

While I agree with most of your sentiments, the asterisk comments with regard to Max's title are just as bad as the pubescent anti-Mercedes fans.

Masi fucked up and shat the bed, but Max did nothing wrong. He did well last season and genuinely deserved to win the title.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
While I agree with most of your sentiments, the asterisk comments with regard to Max's title are just as bad as the pubescent anti-Mercedes fans.

Masi fucked up and shat the bed, but Max did nothing wrong. He did well last season and genuinely deserved to win the title.
You are right, in that Max didn’t do anything wrong on the last lap. I believe the asterisk is fair though, he only won that title do to Masi breaking the rules.

Is he a World Champion? Yup. Deserve to win the title? Idk.

My opinion is he had a phenomenal season, and RedBull, due to the rule change that neutered the low rake cars, had a great car this year. I loved the Championship, I love when there is a real fight, like when Ferrari stepped up a couple seasons and brought a fight to the Mercs. I just wish it was fair and it wasn’t. Of course the Max fans and Merc haters say he won fair and square, but deep down they know the rules were broken and that’s the only reason he won.

I do hope that this year is a great year, I hope RedBull and Merc go at it again, I hope other cars are In The mix, ( that Ferrari looks sexy) I’m ready for this season to start. Hoping these cars have a better debut then NASCAR’s next gen car had today.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
The new cars look great, RB’s side pods are works of art. The Ferrari is gorgeous, Merc is clean, the Alpha has interesting livery ?. JK on the Alpha.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I wonder what Haas (American team with Russian blood) would do..
My guess is that FIA and Liberty Media will try to kick the can down the road, hoping the conflict is over and people have moved on by September when the Russia GP is scheduled. Belgium showed that they put money ahead of principles.
Sponsored