Found a glass screen protector for the screen.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Found one that fits the rectangular area on the screen on Amazon. Just put in the MM of height and width and it comes up. I have hardly used the screen and already the cheap thing has a few scratches. This really sucks that they would put such garbage in the car. Even cheap DAPS come with plastic screen protectors that can be replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KS7JNRD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure the stock screen protector was removed. Very often, when BMW owners complain about scratches it's because the factory screen protector was never removed. It scratches easy but the actual screen surface should not.

If a dealer didn't peel the protector off during prep, it might still be on. I thought it was very noticeable myself, but many folks don't notice it. We all know Toyota dealers have a mixed record on knowing how to prep and deliver Supras.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Make sure the stock screen protector was removed. Very often, when BMW owners complain about scratches it's because the factory screen protector was never removed. It scratches easy but the actual screen surface should not.

If a dealer didn't peel the protector off during prep, it might still be on. I thought it was very noticeable myself, but many folks don't notice it. We all know Toyota dealers have a mixed record on knowing how to prep and deliver Supras.
I had to detail my car and the prep was fair. I went out, hoping there was a screen protector but none, just the screen.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This glass over, changes the screen to a purple and you lose some quality of viewing. I am sorry if someone has bought this on my recommendation and apologize but if from Amazon, I would return it. It looks like clear glass, the same as on my phones but for some reason, it changes to a purple and the quality deceases. The search goes on. the size for me, is just right as it covers the rectangle of of usable area.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
oh really. I got mine delivered yesterday, was going to wait. I'll return it then. Thanks for the update man!

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oh really. I got mine delivered yesterday, was going to wait. I'll return it then. Thanks for the update man!
If you read the reviews, they are good so maybe it is just the screen that the Supra uses, but it is BMW. I don't know why it does this. and when I went to apply the screen it was totally clear, like the ones I use on my phones but now it is purplish and not really that clear. Others, good reviews. So I don't understand this but I find the stock screen scratches easily so I will keep looking.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
It sounds like the protector changed the lcd viewing angle of the screen. This is normal for screen protectors and usually considered a good thing for phones (which is what most screen protectors are designed for), as it acts like a privacy filter so other people don't see whats's on your phone screen. The problem is that the screen isn't facing the driver directly...

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It sounds like the protector changed the lcd viewing angle of the screen. This is normal for screen protectors and usually considered a good thing for phones (which is what most screen protectors are designed for), as it acts like a privacy filter so other people don't see whats's on your phone screen. The problem is that the screen isn't facing the driver directly...
Yes, but it doesn't matter what angle you view it from and my Samsung nor the latest iPhone 11 Pro, do this with screen protectors. I can view from any angle and there is no change in color and the screen is very readable.

And these screens are made specifically for cars and to that, the BMW. So I don't know what the answer is.

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine. It looks ok. It doesn’t fill the whole screen but it fills the usable area that fingers will touch. The screen doesn’t look discolored on my end.

image.jpg

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just installed mine. It looks ok. It doesn’t fill the whole screen but it fills the usable area that fingers will touch. The screen doesn’t look discolored on my end.

image.jpg
It didn't turn your screen somewhat purple? At night mine is ok but during the day, it isn't easy to see.