Front Bumper Misaligned to Hood / Fenders

B58 BOMBER

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have been lurking for a little bit, but now I am asking on the community for feedback.

Keeping this short and sweet, my front bumper does not line up with the hood and fender. On the passenger side the hood is noticeably higher than the bumper. Also, on both sides, the gaps between the hood and fenders are narrow at the front of the car and widen going backwards.

I have tried a few things to help resolve the issue. First, I tried to adjust the hood latch bolt and second, I have tried loosening the two bolts on either side of the bumper and bolts near the heat exchange and manually adjusting the bumper to fit right. Unfortunately, nothing I tried seems to fix it.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, what have you done to line everything up perfectly?

Thanks for reading.

-Tom
Sponsored

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
I have read that you can increase/decrease the height of the “bars” or catches that enter the latches as it closes. Helps even out the locked hood position. Are your “catches” on your hood loose? As in, do they rattle when you try to move them back and forth?

OP
OP

B58 BOMBER

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I mentioned the hood latch bolt which is what adjusts the height of those bars you are referring to.

I can easily adjust the hood up and down from those adjustments, but I can't go too low because the gap from the hood and bumpers (side of vehicle) isn't the same. Much narrower on one side from the other.

One of these days I'll find a company/person/shop that is familiar enough with this and set me straight lol.

Neosole89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Noticed the same thing with my passenger side hood today. Followed instructions from this older thread and it fixed it!

OP
OP

B58 BOMBER

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Noticed the same thing with my passenger side hood today. Followed instructions from this older thread and it fixed it!
Im glad to hear that. Mines not resolved. Lol.

OP
OP

B58 BOMBER

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Neosole89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
According to the original poster:

"This would allow the latch on the body to grab the striker sooner. After the adjustment, the hood closed up beautifully!"

I turned it clockwise a few times and that seemed to fix the issue.

SZcowKing

First Name
STEVEN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 SUPRA 3.0
i have different situation. my hood is completely aligned to the fender on the passage side. and misaligned on the driver side. i think if your both sides fender gap is the same, that should be normal. but mine should be the hood installation issue.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Bumper side to side alignment adjustment is done just with 4 bolts and 10 seconds...

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I have been lurking for a little bit, but now I am asking on the community for feedback.

Keeping this short and sweet, my front bumper does not line up with the hood and fender. On the passenger side the hood is noticeably higher than the bumper. Also, on both sides, the gaps between the hood and fenders are narrow at the front of the car and widen going backwards.

I have tried a few things to help resolve the issue. First, I tried to adjust the hood latch bolt and second, I have tried loosening the two bolts on either side of the bumper and bolts near the heat exchange and manually adjusting the bumper to fit right. Unfortunately, nothing I tried seems to fix it.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, what have you done to line everything up perfectly?

Thanks for reading.

-Tom
Maybe post pictures?
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk