Front plate placement / Let's see those personalized License plates

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Unfortunately mine came with the plinth installed from Toyota, after a few months I finally decided to take it off and fit what I ordered when the car was delivered in March.
Trying to stay the right side of legality, so it’s the smallest legal size, with correct reflectance etc. for UK regulations.
Sponsored

Attachments

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Unfortunately mine came with the plinth installed from Toyota, after a few months I finally decided to take it off and fit what I ordered when the car was delivered in March.
Trying to stay the right side of legality, so it’s the smallest legal size, with correct reflectance etc. for UK regulations.
Damn those holes they put in your front end.

I had that happen once AFTER I asked make-ready not mount the holder. When I pointed out the mistake, they were very apologetic. I was able to negotiate a backup camera and mirror with display as compensation (for a 370 Z); which was a dealer option that priced at $700. I plugged the holes with some panel plugs and it actually looked ok.

Nice looking Supra apart from your perforations.

Reactions: nc_

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
I purchased both a Carbonio and Sto-N-Sho front plate mount for my Supra. After using both for a bit, I'm keeping the Sto-N-Sho. For me it's aesthetically better and easier to take off/put on than the Carbonio and blocks less of the front grill.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
0A671299-5EE5-496A-913E-37766151A50F.jpeg

Installed my plates today. Not 100% happy with the tow hook plate holder, but it does it’s job.

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
I ran without a front plate on my M3 for a couple of years.. I'm gonna roll the dice and hold off on installing anything on the front.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I spend an inappropriate amount of time seeing what amusing plates I could get by the Virginia DMV. Of course, they reserve the right to remove your plate if you sneak one by and they figure it out.

Anyway, a couple of things that amused me:
  • Sharted is banned, but you can get around it using 5harted, but not Shart3d. Must be the stem “Shart.”
  • Booger is available, but taken. Boogers is banned. What is it about the plural that scares Virginia? One is OK, but if they start gathering in groups or piling up, the State objects?
  • Pen1s makes it past the censors and is still available.

To be clear, no plans to get one by the State, but it does provide a bit of amusement.