Front spacers recommendation for track work

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
The google copy-paste wisdom is strong in this thread... šŸ¤£
Unfortunately, these days if a google search does not match what you tell someone they immediately do not believe you.
Sponsored

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm running a set of 18x10 APEX ET30 squared wrapped in 275/40-18 Eagle F1 Supercar 3's + Camber plates to get about -2.3 of camber up front. Since the Goodyear runs a bit wider than similar-sized tires, I've noticed a slight rubbing between the spring perch and the tire.

After reading APEX tech article, I'm thinking about just running a 5mm spacer. The best option that I found so far is the Future Classic spacer kit.
I've never run spacers on the track before and while it's only 5mm, I wanted to get some input from folks that track their cars. I mostly care about safety and will be leaving the spacer there when I swap back to the factory wheel/tire setup.

Thanks for the input
How did this setup with the 5mm spacers end up working for your track days? Any rubbing issues? Iā€™m considering the same but donā€™t know whether to go with 35 or 40 tire height. Iā€™m on stock suspension.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I run 5mm spacers front and back.

I had 285 35 18 and I had same issue. just needed 5mm to clear it in front. just to compensate widened front, added 5 mm's to back as well.

Running on track with the setup isn't issue at all. however, consider using longer lug bolts or adding stud kit.

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
The spacer widths discussed in this thread should have an immeasurable impact on scrub radius or load on bearings. As long as studs/bolts are long enough for proper engagement and spacer is hubcentric, there should be nothing further to discuss.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Assuming it's been said, but race teams, drift cars, and a number of us have been using spacers for years. Extended bolts or studs, hubcentric spacers, and you are good to go.
Sponsored