• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: Cusco Harness Bar / Roll Bar

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Bolt on cages must have 3 bolts on each mounting plate at minimum. that's the current rule at NASA.
Yea that thing isn’t going to pass any NASA tech. Unfortunately time trials like grid life, etc are very “light” on rules. Even the SCCA Time Trials rule book states only 1 bolt needed, which is unfortunate.

deadinside

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
Yea that thing isn’t going to pass any NASA tech. Unfortunately time trials like grid life, etc are very “light” on rules. Even the SCCA Time Trials rule book states only 1 bolt needed, which is unfortunate.
It appears that another popular option, the Studio RSR cage, also uses < 3 bolts on their mounts.

I'm assuming this would not pass NASA as well (even though their claimed "NASA Racing spec")? Are there any bolt-in cages that have the 3 minimum bolts on the mounting plates for Supra currently?

Just a HPDE1 guy looking towards the future...

https://studiorsr.com/collections/supra-a90/products/a90-mk5-supra-roll-cage-roll-bar

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Are there any bolt-in cages that have the 3 minimum bolts on the mounting plates?
Dashbuilt uses backing plates plus 3+ bolts per plate.

StudioRSR has no backing plates and even uses rivnuts for mounting. They are basically show car rollbars.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
It appears that another popular option, the Studio RSR cage, also uses < 3 bolts on their mounts.

I'm assuming this would not pass NASA as well (even though their claimed "NASA Racing spec")? Are there any bolt-in cages that have the 3 minimum bolts on the mounting plates for Supra currently?

Just a HPDE1 guy looking towards the future...

https://studiorsr.com/collections/supra-a90/products/a90-mk5-supra-roll-cage-roll-bar
I wouldn't worry too much about roll cage in HPDE. you could have it. just don't use seat belt mounted on that roll cage. use OEM 3 point seat belt and good seating position. as for me, I don't run with roll cage in HPDE car because I feel it just adding weight and reducing trunk space.

if you move onto TT or racing, that's a completely different conversation on safety equipments..

deadinside

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
I wouldn't worry too much about roll cage in HPDE. you could have it. just don't use seat belt mounted on that roll cage. use OEM 3 point seat belt and good seating position. as for me, I don't run with roll cage in HPDE car because I feel it just adding weight and reducing trunk space.

if you move onto TT or racing, that's a completely different conversation on safety equipments..
Oh no, for sure not needed in HPDE1! I am not at the speed (and, critically, the skill level) where I do not feel "safe" in the OE 3 point belts.

Mainly I am thinking through options with regards to converting to a bucket seat (and harness) as I am (even in DE1) sliding all over the place in the OE seat.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Oh no, for sure not needed in HPDE1! I am not at the speed (and, critically, the skill level) where I do not feel "safe" in the OE 3 point belts.

Mainly I am thinking through options with regards to converting to a bucket seat (and harness) as I am (even in DE1) sliding all over the place in the OE seat.
If you run a harness, you want to run a HANS device. I personally use a Rev2 HANS device with a six point harness. You can get away with a 4-point ASM harness but the six point is a much better idea.

OP
OP
czzisaman

czzisaman

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Tungsten
Wow waking up to lots of discussions! Indeed, this is a roll bar rather than a roll cage required for most full-on W2W racing, which I'm not gonna plan on doing with this Supra anytime soon.. For TT and trackdays this should be a great option considering the better material used, lighter weight and mounting positions.

Btw the Cusco roll bar is still up for grab..
Also have Verus Camber plate, Verus Aero Kit (Splitter + UCW Wing) for sale too