Fullscreen Apple Carplay

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I'm quite happy about this; I bought the car yesterday and obviously the dealer wouldn't "code" a car. It looks like iSTEP (which is an entire car software version) is S18T-21-03-530 (may have added the Full Screen and Dimmer control - sucks that Toyota has no public documentation about what each firmware changes\fixes). Again i have a 3/21 build [but the dealer could have also updated the software prior in selling it as well].

**Note iSTEP (for both BMW and Toyota) can only be updated at the dealer.

Visit this BMW forum https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638904 (only difference is in the USB file it'll say ToyotaData instead of BMW data) for instructions in how to check for your iSTEP version. For reference my version is S18T-21-03-530

51210321262_a228940fe8_c.jpg

51210321267_e884416688_c.jpg

EDIT 1: It does look like that you cannot have it in Split screen; that option is greyed out.

51210467862_7558125812_c.jpg

EDIT 2: As for the my iDrive software version, that is NBTevo_T20454I (this is listed under Map Software settings that also displays the current map version you are using). The iDrive (at least when I had my BMW M2), is something you can update yourself via flash drive from BMWs website mentioned earlier in this thread which obviously doesn't work for the Supra.

The big question is, is it the iDrive or iStep that added these new features?

51211899909_4fe82cbba9_c.jpg

Last edited:

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
We have to get this working!!

nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue, 2013 GS 350 F Sport
Yes finally full screen CarPlay!

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
^^^ Pics? Can you still use CarPlay in split screen?
Looks like no because that option appears to be greyed out now ..... ?

Perhaps just a software update from the factory????
I think possibly yes. The best way to confirm is if any other member that has a 3/21 or after build to check this out as well.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
4053204E-0827-4326-AAC7-ED07922BD522.png

Someone posted this… carplay_fullscreen.
Could this be it?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
^^Someone needs to try it out! Worse case you can always select not active to revert back to how it was (that option must be new as it wasn't available when I had my M2)

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
^^Someone needs to try it out! Worse case you can always select not active to revert back to how it was (that option must be new as it wasn't available when I had my M2)
I believe that's been tried -- and fails. The resolution of the Supra screen is different than all other BMW's.

I've been chatting with a coding company in the UK, Defined Coding, and they are currently awaiting further development to get the full screen.

If BMW/Toyota have released this via software update I can't wait to get it!!

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I believe that's been tried -- and fails. The resolution of the Supra screen is different than all other BMW's.

I've been chatting with a coding company in the UK, Defined Coding, and they are currently awaiting further development to get the full screen.

If BMW/Toyota have released this via software update I can't wait to get it!!
How would we get updates if they released it?

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
How would we get updates if they released it?
They are installed by the dealer's BMW ISTA software. It's called Toyota ISTA at the dealer, but it is BMW's software for updating and diagnosing vehicles.

My buddy that works at the dealer here in SF is checking with his Supra tech Tuesday (he's out of the office until then) to see if we can get the update.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
They are installed by the dealer's BMW ISTA software. It's called Toyota ISTA at the dealer, but it is BMW's software for updating and diagnosing vehicles.

My buddy that works at the dealer here in SF is checking with his Supra tech Tuesday (he's out of the office until then) to see if we can get the update.
Nice thanks bro for checking

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
I have just collected a Feb/Jan build car here in the UK Brand new and doesn't contain the full screen carplay. I did ask the dealer to update the car before delivery however doubt they done it.
The demo car I drove also didn't feature the full screen carplay which was a 21 plate.

Having owned previously a BMW with over the air updates on ID7 they released an 03.21 software update to that car which I'm guessing is when they probably also changed the Supra Carplay too as mine was built just before March.

FYI update cycles on that car seemed to be March, July, November (Every 4 months)
A bit of hope, they managed to add Android Auto by an air update so if anything hopefully current hardware can support full screen carplay with the dealer update considering this can't be updated over the air.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P

Following up
Sponsored