Fully 3d Printed 1:1 scale A90 Supra

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Hey everyone, a friend of mine in Turkey is starting a massive undertaking. His Youtube channel, Junior Builders (https://www.youtube.com/@juniorbuilders) covers some of his prior automotive related projects including a fully 3d printed JCW bodykit for an R56 mini. He came to me a month or so ago with a few questions and let me know he's starting something massive.

He's going to be 3D printing a life-size A90 Supra! The plan is to use the same files I used to create my front lip and other parts as a basis and print the car to accept an EV drivetrain in the future. I'm not entirely sure what he has in mind for the frame/chassis but I'm sure that will come in time. Anyway, I figured you all would find this interesting:

(Has English subtitles!)
Sponsored

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very cool. Not as talented as this guy, but I also dabble a little in 3D printing Supras. A little piece I designed for my desk at work:

20230609_145015.jpg

20230609_145024.jpg

20230609_145019.jpg
Oh that's cool!! There's a few other guys in the forums who do some 3d printed stuff as well. First thing I made for the supra was anti-wind buffeting pieces 😂

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Oh that's cool!! There's a few other guys in the forums who do some 3d printed stuff as well. First thing I made for the supra was anti-wind buffeting pieces 😂
Thank you! That's a great idea too. The Stratasys printer I have at work uses pretty thick layers - would have required plenty of sanding and paint. Was lazy and got AMS deflectors on mine 😂

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey everyone, a friend of mine in Turkey is starting a massive undertaking. His Youtube channel, Junior Builders (https://www.youtube.com/@juniorbuilders) covers some of his prior automotive related projects including a fully 3d printed JCW bodykit for an R56 mini. He came to me a month or so ago with a few questions and let me know he's starting something massive.

He's going to be 3D printing a life-size A90 Supra! The plan is to use the same files I used to create my front lip and other parts as a basis and print the car to accept an EV drivetrain in the future. I'm not entirely sure what he has in mind for the frame/chassis but I'm sure that will come in time. Anyway, I figured you all would find this interesting:

(Has English subtitles!)
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to buy a real Supra? 😁

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Lol. I guess it'll be an engineering challenge and learning experience. The hood and the rear quarter panel are massive. Not sure what 3d printer he'll get or build, to print. Chances are he'll print smaller pieces and epoxy them or whatever.. I'm also curious as to which material he'll choose. Hopefully this idea will not die after just 1 video.

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cheaper? Ehh not sure, easier? yes Hahaha but the challenge enough would be worth it

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol. I guess it'll be an engineering challenge and learning experience. The hood and the rear quarter panel are massive. Not sure what 3d printer he'll get or build, to print. Chances are he'll print smaller pieces and epoxy them or whatever.. I'm also curious as to which material he'll choose. Hopefully this idea will not die after just 1 video.
Not entirely sure either, however I would imagine he would be doing smaller pieces and gluing them together like I did with my lip (although I did that just to strengthen it to be used as a plug for a mold), then adding reinforcement on top of/underneath. There's a small community of people 3d printing hardtops for NA miatas where they do just that. Print the shell in pieces and then either reinforce it with fiberglass or use it as a sacrificial shell to mold fiberglass on with mold release and then remove the 3d print.
20230213_200833.jpg
20221211_155331.jpg
20221203_163450.jpg
20230122_182821.jpg
20221207_194052.jpg

Supersnyp

First Name
Horacio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Lmfao!!! Solidworks tracing feature ez😂
Not entirely sure either, however I would imagine he would be doing smaller pieces and gluing them together like I did with my lip (although I did that just to strengthen it to be used as a plug for a mold), then adding reinforcement on top of/underneath. There's a small community of people 3d printing hardtops for NA miatas where they do just that. Print the shell in pieces and then either reinforce it with fiberglass or use it as a sacrificial shell to mold fiberglass on with mold release and then remove the 3d print.
20230213_200833.jpg
20221211_155331.jpg
20221203_163450.jpg
20230122_182821.jpg
20221207_194052.jpg
Outstanding work brother. Been thinking of going this route as well mainly because I'm not a fan of the available lip kits that are available. I would love to pick your brain.

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Outstanding work brother. Been thinking of going this route as well mainly because I'm not a fan of the available lip kits that are available. I would love to pick your brain.
Thanks man! Reach out anytime. I helped someone else replicate the lip, he's on insta @bo.nguyenn
Sponsored