NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Love me a new Tacoma! toyota makes the best overall trucks, Very last minute went in and bought a 2023 GX460 Luxury yesterday with the off-road pack, really excited for delivery. one of the few old school lazy v8 offroad suvs left!

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say I didn't know....but, there are still a few "interesting tid-bits" Toyota is leaving for the unveil.

This truck is going to kick-off (what I believe will be) a price war between manufacturers in this segment. Once the new Tacoma is out....Chevy, Ford, Nissan, etc... will be substantially marking down their mid-sized trucks to attract buyers, because I don't believe any of those brands will have a truck in this class that will outsell the Tacoma.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I can't say I didn't know....but, there are still a few "interesting tid-bits" Toyota is leaving for the unveil.

This truck is going to kick-off (what I believe will be) a price war between manufacturers in this segment. Once the new Tacoma is out....Chevy, Ford, Nissan, etc... will be substantially marking down their mid-sized trucks to attract buyers, because I don't believe any of those brands will have a truck in this class that will outsell the Tacoma.
??? How? Is Toyota removing an axle or chopping the car in half? or discovered a cheap lightweight chassis material?
Right now F150 sells 2-3 times more than Tacoma..
Tacoma TRD Pro isn't cheap.. I'm sure you're right, but I'm now super intrigued 🤔🤨😯

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
@PerformanceSound any word if a Maverick sized truck is in the works for Toyota? Wife wants a Taco but absolutely hates how big trucks have gotten.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
??? How? Is Toyota removing an axle or chopping the car in half? or discovered a cheap lightweight chassis material?
Right now F150 sells 2-3 times more than Tacoma..
Tacoma TRD Pro isn't cheap.. I'm sure you're right, but I'm now super intrigued 🤔🤨😯
F150 is a full-sized truck, not in the same segment as the Tacoma my friend.

However, the Maverick and Ranger are....and just keep an eye on those prices as soon as the Tacoma hits the lots.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

However, the Maverick and Ranger are....and just keep an eye on those prices as soon as the Tacoma hits the lots.
Wtf. Dunno what I was thinking... 🤔😳😱 Yep, time checks out. Right after my night meeting with Korea.. 😑

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0

Isn't the Stout supposed to compete with the Maverick, not the Tacoma?