2024 TACOMA is Fully Revealed! New Hybrid Model Added šŸ¤©

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
I've been following this for quite a while. If the market wasn't sky high for current TRD Pro's with 6MT I would already have one for a daily. But when a used truck is the price of a new truck, I'll wait. Curious to see the iForce's specs.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been following this for quite a while. If the market wasn't sky high for current TRD Pro's with 6MT I would already have one for a daily. But when a used truck is the price of a new truck, I'll wait. Curious to see the iForce's specs.
I had posted a while back from reputable sources that several aftermarket companies were involved in the Tacomaā€™s development. Turns out its true, Toyota has ARB offroad gear to be included from the factory. This is great!

Also, the information I received that different variations of the 4cyl turbo hybrid seem like it may actually be true as well. If this is the case, than the info I got a while back about possibly a closed deck V6 turbo may be comingā€¦..in a different Toyota;).

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I'm more curious about the drive train and exact specs.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm more curious about the drive train and exact specs.
Rumor is 300hp+ 300lb/ft+ 4cyl Turbo Hybrid (TRD & Trailhunter). I had heard that a front and rear lockers would be available on TRD and Trailhunter, but I am not sure about this. 6spd manual is confirmed as an option. I havenā€™t heard anything on 10spd auto, but Iā€™m sure at least a 8spd will be available. I hope a manual selection tcase will be available, that would make this truck a hot ticket guaranteed!

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Buying a TRD Pro Tacoma in manual defeats a lot of the tech that goes into what makes it a Pro. If you want a manual Tacoma, get an SR5 with no crawl control or any of the good stuff...

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Buying a TRD Pro Tacoma in manual defeats a lot of the tech that goes into what makes it a Pro. If you want a manual Tacoma, get an SR5 with no crawl control or any of the good stuff...
Yes and Noā€¦.the electronic aids I agree, would not work with a manual very well. However, the suspension and gear associated with the suspension that only come with a TRD Pro would pair up nicely with a manual. I will say, after owning a 2dr 6spd JL Rubicon, I donā€™t think I want a manual 4x4 anymore. Lockers yes, a nice lift yes, big tires yes, etcā€¦. These new autos are very nice!

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
The only thing you get is a locker, same as a TRD-Off-road. Save yourself a lot of money and get one of those, still money to upgrade the suspension

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing you get is a locker, same as a TRD-Off-road. Save yourself a lot of money and get one of those, still money to upgrade the suspension
Resale is a key thing with the TRDā€™s. They almost always fetch much more in the used car market than base or lower trims.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I had posted a while back from reputable sources that several aftermarket companies were involved in the Tacomaā€™s development. Turns out its true, Toyota has ARB offroad gear to be included from the factory. This is great!

Also, the information I received that different variations of the 4cyl turbo hybrid seem like it may actually be true as well. If this is the case, than the info I got a while back about possibly a closed deck V6 turbo may be comingā€¦..in a different Toyota;).
Lemme guess, it's the new Land Cruiser coming to the US. And no, not the LC300.

Rumor is 300hp+ 300lb/ft+ 4cyl Turbo Hybrid (TRD & Trailhunter). I had heard that a front and rear lockers would be available on TRD and Trailhunter, but I am not sure about this. 6spd manual is confirmed as an option. I havenā€™t heard anything on 10spd auto, but Iā€™m sure at least a 8spd will be available. I hope a manual selection tcase will be available, that would make this truck a hot ticket guaranteed!
AFAIK the confirmed numbers for the 2.4L turbo-hybrid is ~330 horsepower and ~470 lb-ft of torque for the i-FORCE MAX.

The normal 2.4T should be ~270 horsepower and ~370-380 lb-ft of torque.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

AFAIK the confirmed numbers for the 2.4L turbo-hybrid is ~330 horsepower and ~470 lb-ft of torque for the i-FORCE MAX.

Time to jb4 it and add some more tq/power on it!!!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

All I know, is power and torque is ā€œoverā€ 300 for the hybrid. 330hp/470tq would be fantastic. I havenā€™t heard those numbers tbh.