NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So its my birthday today and I have the itch to do a mod, I was thinking either carbon wheel or downpipe, I am looking to install a catless downpipe on my car but I don't want to tune the car just yet, want to enjoy it at this power level and keep my factory warranty for a while, so that kinda leave me in tough spot, since a catless dp will throw a check engine light with no tune, but I came across this company on FB, and they say that their catless DP has a built in CEL deleter/defouler and guarantee you can run it with no tune and not ever get a check engine light. The only issue is that its 550 dollars, a lot more than most catless downpipes, and they told me they will accept return, but it's still a good amount in labor to take on and off, does anyone have any input? or first hand experience, this would also be great for 21 guys who can't tune and want to do a downpipe for sound and flow. (I am aware I am not getting much gain by going catless without a tune, I am doing it more for sound)

https://www.kenjigarage.com/19-toyo...HLq6QboNqNuBQewFB0z2890ZxaxI66XpAAuWCPGw7Ue44

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
So its my birthday today and I have the itch to do a mod, I was thinking either carbon wheel or downpipe, I am looking to install a catless downpipe on my car but I don't want to tune the car just yet, want to enjoy it at this power level and keep my factory warranty for a while, so that kinda leave me in tough spot, since a catless dp will throw a check engine light with no tune, but I came across this company on FB, and they say that their catless DP has a built in CEL deleter/defouler and guarantee you can run it with no tune and not ever get a check engine light. The only issue is that its 550 dollars, a lot more than most catless downpipes, and they told me they will accept return, but it's still a good amount in labor to take on and off, does anyone have any input? or first hand experience, this would also be great for 21 guys who can't tune and want to do a downpipe for sound and flow. (I am aware I am not getting much gain by going catless without a tune, I am doing it more for sound)

https://www.kenjigarage.com/19-toyo...HLq6QboNqNuBQewFB0z2890ZxaxI66XpAAuWCPGw7Ue44

Thanks everyone
While you won't get as much of a gain going catless without a tune...you're still going to get a noticeable gain. The stock catted DP is a choke point and anytime you can remove a massive restriction on a turbo car, you'll receive a bump in throttle response, turbo spool-up and an increase in HP/TQ. Obviously a tune will increase all of this exponentially.

There are a couple of people running this DP on this forum, but as far as I know both are 2.0 guys (with me being one of the two). Mine is being installed as we speak so I currently have no first hand knowledge on if it will or will not throw a CEL. The other person has claimed to have driven over 60 miles so far with no CEL, so that's a good sign.

I can update you once I get the car back and put on 100 miles or so. Overall the quality of this DP seem pretty solid...AND you can sell your stock DP to SHS Metals and receive approximately $750-$900 which will obviously offset the cost of the new DP.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
While you won't get as much of a gain going catless without a tune...you're still going to get a noticeable gain. The stock catted DP is a choke point and anytime you can remove a massive restriction on a turbo car, you'll receive a bump in throttle response, turbo spool-up and an increase in HP/TQ. Obviously a tune will increase all of this exponentially.

There are a couple of people running this DP on this forum, but as far as I know both are 2.0 guys (with me being one of the two). Mine is being installed as we speak so I currently have no first hand knowledge on if it will or will not throw a CEL. The other person has claimed to have driven over 60 miles so far with no CEL, so that's a good sign.

I can update you once I get the car back and put on 100 miles or so. Overall the quality of this DP seem pretty solid...AND you can sell your stock DP to SHS Metals and receive approximately $750-$900 which will obviously offset the cost of the new DP.
Okay perfect, please keep me updated with your install, and yes I know about selling the OEM ones, Eric and I work together, I buy oem downpipes with him as well! market is great! paying 900 for both 20 and 21 downpipes right now!

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line

I personally would keep all OEM parts. Especially the downpipe.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
I personally would keep all OEM parts. Especially the downpipe.
Yeah, mine's going bye-bye because racecar....and I don't have emissions...but mainly because racecar.

Denial

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Are you getting the street version or the race version? Would the difference be noticable?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Most other downpipes start off between 4-5" with 4" flex. Not that 3.5 across won't do you good, but fyi... Is a bit pricey for what it is, but not so expensive... Maybe because of the cel delete...

Screenshot_20210303-204124_Instagram.png

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Okay perfect, please keep me updated with your install, and yes I know about selling the OEM ones, Eric and I work together, I buy oem downpipes with him as well! market is great! paying 900 for both 20 and 21 downpipes right now!
Just a quick update; I’ve driven about 150 miles (with at least 7-10 key cycles) on my 21 Supra with the Fucnction Werk Catless DP and everything so far is perfect.

Even the 2.0 has a nice refined snarl under load and there is NO CEL. As of right now, the DP is performing as advertised.

Theres a definite bump in spoolup, throttle response and mid-range power. I haven’t given it the beans yet as I only have 300 miles on the car.

First Name
Eric Lerner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, BMW M550I,X3
different and adventurous..i like new ideas like this.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
ugh, I want to do it but combined with the 600 dollar price tag, the 2-3 month wait, and still no real long term testing I am a little worried. just so worried about tuning the car and running into issues and then having no warranty, but really want the extra sound and power.

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction, 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 2004 Scion Xb, 2019 Jeep MOAB
Most other downpipes start off between 4-5" with 4" flex. Not that 3.5 across won't do you good, but fyi... Is a bit pricey for what it is, but not so expensive... Maybe because of the cel delete...

Screenshot_20210303-204124_Instagram.png
Also spoke to tuners and they said no major gain from a 3.5 to a 4.5. Yes I'm running it on my a91 no issues no cel so far.

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Also spoke to tuners and they said no major gain from a 3.5 to a 4.5. Yes I'm running it on my a91 no issues no cel so far.
Did you go with catless or catted since both have the CEL delete function? I also have an A91 and searching a downpipe that won’t cause a CEL because ecu is locked.

ChBEBoy

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition
Any update on this couple months down the road?

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
How does the “ Cel Delete” actually work in a catless DP, so you don’t get a CL? Someone please explain.PS is there a waiting issue for the purchase of this?
Sponsored